Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 21, 2007, 4:35 PM   #1

Children's Steam Train/Sound available

The "Cinder Express!"

This three-hour trip, designed with children in mind, will provide a fun and educational experience aboard the special train. The ride will include Cinder Bear, the official Mascot of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad; storytelling; special surprise guests; snacks and a memento for each child.

The "Cinder Express" will operate each Thursday from June 22 through August 10, with train departure from Chama.

The lead engine will cut off of the train and bring the kids back after lunch. There will be two cars and a open gon and the caboose bringing the kids back.

I built a web page with thumbnail photos so the kids can show their friends and family members the train they were on when they get back home. I include two sound files. Part of a song written about the train and a sound file of one of the engines climbing the grade.

Click on the link for additional photos and the sound files.

http://chamachoochoo.com/discussion/...ubleheader.htm

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2007, 6:10 PM   #2

Roger,

I took the time to check this link out and I must say that this websiteis great.

I like the pictures and that song is actually very good.

Mahalo,

Tom

P.S. I can't believe there were almost 100 views and no comments at all.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 6:32 PM   #3

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
I can't believe there were almost 100 views and no comments at all.
Well here's another!

I think it's a great shot, and the site is very good, too.Speaking as an enthusiastic visitor to most of the UK's preserved old railways, I'd lovea bit more technical information. For example, how steep is the gradient (incline, bank), shown in the fine photograph at the top of the thread?

The shot makes it look amazingly steep for an adhesion-worked railway (no rack & pinion). The steepest main-line gradient in the UK is, I think, Lickey Incline, S of Birmingham, with 2 miles at 1 in 37.5; steepest adhesion-worked British line in Derbyshire was 1 in 14. In S.America, I seem to remember from childhood train-spotting, there was, or is one at1 in 11.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 9:50 PM   #4

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Roger,

I took the time to check this link out and I must say that this websiteis great.

Mahalo,

Tom

I also was surprised with no comments. I was thinking a couple of things but I was wrong. Its for and about kids so folks would be interested and photos that had sound about the subject was different enough I thought folks would be looking and commenting. Thanks for commenting and for taking the time to look.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:01 PM   #5

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Roger,

Mahalo,

Tom

Hi Tom, Oh well about hte comments. Thank You for taking the time to lok and for commenting.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:05 PM   #6

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
I can't believe there were almost 100 views and no comments at all.
Well here's another!

I think it's a great shot, and the site is very good, too.Speaking as an enthusiastic visitor to most of the UK's preserved old railways, I'd lovea bit more technical information. For example, how steep is the gradient (incline, bank), shown in the fine photograph at the top of the thread?

The shot makes it look amazingly steep for an adhesion-worked railway (no rack & pinion). The steepest main-line gradient in the UK is, I think, Lickey Incline, S of Birmingham, with 2 miles at 1 in 37.5; steepest adhesion-worked British line in Derbyshire was 1 in 14. In S.America, I seem to remember from childhood train-spotting, there was, or is one at1 in 11.
alan

I don't know how much help I can be Alan. I have been told the grad is 4% and that is steep for a narrow gauge railroad. Sorry thats about all I know. Thank you for commenting and for looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:48 PM   #7

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:
...no comments...for and about kids...so folks...interested and photos...had sound........ ...different enough....
Roger, you were posting in the "Digital SLR Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR" subforum of Steve's forums, which rather restricts the readership.

I only spotted the message because I was looking at the "Recent" postings for "All forums", when the title caught my eye. There's a lot of traffic across all the forums, so I seldom read all the recent posts all the way back to when I last logged in; I just look at the first page or so, and then at subforums that interest me. I looked only because I accidentally caughtthe messageand I'm a secret railroad enthusiast, who'sbeen posting and replying to a few accidentally railroad-related threads round here recently.

You might have got better results in otherPost Your Photossubforums, such as ">Other Photos",, ">Member's & Family Photos", or"> Travel Photography" , or even ">Landscape Photos" . I don't know the rules about cross-posting, but you could try sending a pm to a Moderator and ask to delete it and repost elsewhere, or move it somewhere.

I think the headline picture well merits being seen. I haven't even listened to the sound yet, but may get round to it eventually.

Good luck! Alan T
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote