Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 23, 2007, 2:06 PM   #11

ishino wrote:
Quote:
...and the fire truck is just freakin awesome! i tried something like that with not so good results. but my favorite is the police department honor guard. something about the serious look of the guys, the black uniforms with the yellow trim, the white gloves and of course the colors of our flag. well done!
I cannot say I could easily reproduce it. I tried quite a few of them on this truck.
I set it on manual focus, ISO 200 and then in Av mode at around F11. Again because it was cloudy it gave a shutter speed of 1/15 (pretty slow). The things are getting blurry from here on: the EXIF says 50mm but I am not sure if a zoomed in or out.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:26 AM   #12

I think you zoomed out, since the main image is in the center and the lines are moving outward. I use to use the power zoom feature on my PZ-1P for shots like that and you could set the camera and lens to do the zoom either in or out as a programed feature.

I am not sure if the K10D will do that or not, but the power zoom does work with it.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 1:01 AM   #13

Well done series - I want to try the zoom in/out, but never quite get around to it. Very appropriate for the fire truck. I can't quite decide on a favorite, though I'm partial to the trombone player. There's no question which one is the funniest - that's definitely the media.

I was surprised at how well-spoken Jesse Ventura really was - not what I expected at all. When Arnold was first elected governor, there were those who joked about the "Governator" but now people just seem to accept him (and he isn't the first actor to become a politition).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 7:10 AM   #14

Really nice series!My fave is the firetruck,too..
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:26 AM   #15

Very nice series, indeed! And hey, if I were in in the State I'd be voting for Al (Actually have his face over my monitor at the moment, spine of "The Truth With Jokes")

My favorite of the lot though would be the same as yours. Very pretty young girl, you can see the glitter on her cheek and the angle of the shot is very nice. Even with the slower lens you managed to take out enough of the background to make her the center of the image.

CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 3:58 PM   #16

Quote:
. . . a candidate to US Senate. The only reason I shot him . . . .
We know what you mean, but in these days of terrorist paranoia . . . . :crazy:
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 4:04 PM   #17

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
. . . a candidate to US Senate. The only reason I shot him . . . .
We know what you mean, but in these days of terrorist paranoia . . . . :crazy:
Oh yeah? Glad this site has an edit function:blah:
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 4:27 PM   #18

Too late, now the unfortunate turn of phrase is locked into the quotes! I bet the Secret Service is googling those search terms even as we speak! Oh well, I am sure when the television people interview your neighbors they will say "he always seemed like such a nice quiet man . . ." :G

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote