Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:03 AM   #11

Some really nice flowers here! I love the first one and your holly leaves. Is that one you suggested really OOF or ?? I sometimes get something similar and usually put it down to camera shake, but yours is at a fast enough shutter speed that it shouldn't suffer from shake (while mine usually really do have too slow a shutter speed for me). Looking at yours - I'm not so sure if my problem really is camera shake so I'll start watching my focus more.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:36 AM   #12

Well thanks for the good wishes everyone, and you comments re. the pics are also appreciated....Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:37 AM   #13

Well thanks for the good wishes everyone, and your comments re. the pics are also appreciated....Jack
Old Jun 26, 2007, 3:18 AM   #14

Ah the double post bug strikes again.

Tim ... I have a liking for Chinon lenses from my film photography days. I have 3 ... a M42 135mm/2.8 prime +the 50mm/1.7 Kmount and a 70 - 200mm / 1:4_4.8 Macro/Zoom also K mount. ... The latter 2 are recently acquired on Ebay.

Mtngal ... the third one "Spirea after rain" is the one I think is a tad OOF ... when shooting close as in these shots it only takes a slight movement to be OOF especially if you are shooting in low light, since the wider aperture lowers the DOF , but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that... Jack.

Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:07 AM   #15

Excellent, clean shots.

What's #3 called?

I think we have some of that in the back yard
Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:08 AM   #16

Hi Gazander,
Thank you ... the third one is a type of Spirea ... I believe there are many different varieties though with similar characteristics. ... the laugh with this one is ... when my wife and I bought this, it was in a small 3" pot, and we we're told it was a rockery plant ... that's where we planted it, and it gradually swamped everthing else. we now have a hedge 30 feet X 4 feet high, and about 2 feet thick, all from that one original plant.

Jack.