Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 25, 2007, 6:55 PM   #1

OspreyLand - Home Schooling With Mom

Early morning yawn before school starts

I remember from yesterday always look the area over

Just like Mom, if there is some thing out there I will find it

HEY!!!! Mom is it time for breakfast???

Young Man breakfast will be when I am ready. Not any sooner

Its hard to concentrate when your stomach is growling

This I am serious look requires a lot of effort

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:18 PM   #2

That baby is already starting to look like an Osprey, getting that raptor stare down pretty good.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:39 PM   #3

Glad you're there to capture all this with the k10 and the bigma. Details in the life we mere mortals don't often get to experience. Good job Roger!!!!!
Maw Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 10:37 AM   #4

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
That baby is already starting to look like an Osprey, getting that raptor stare down pretty good.
YUP!!! they are starting to grow up. They still are not brave enough tto look over the nest if Mom is not there.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Jun 26, 2007, 6:00 PM   #5

Maw Harley wrote:
Quote:
Glad you're there to capture all this with the k10 and the bigma. Details in the life we mere mortals don't often get to experience. Good job Roger!!!!!
YUP!!! the K10 & BIGMA seem to be working pretty good together. Thanks for looking and for taking the time to comment.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Jun 26, 2007, 7:59 PM   #6

Roger, your osprey images are simply great!!

Did you ever figure out what the deal was with the nest where the male osprey dropped the branch??..

Thanks for the help in my getting the Kwik Aim RDS zeroed in..

BTW, I'll be selling off most of my older Tamron Adaptall manual zooms to help finance the purchase of a Bigma..

It's just too problematic to pan with a 5.5 lb. manual zoom, focus, & get very many good shots (if any)..

In addition, the interface between the Adaptall mount, the 70-350 zoom lens, & the camera has too much play in it for me to be really comfortable with (and forget about adding the 2x teleconverter!)..

Your results, & those of several other posters on dpReview, have convinced me that the Sigma 50-500 zoom is the way to go for on-the-wing wildlife photography..

The results obtainable with this "supposedly average" lens are simply not average as far as my oldereyes percieve!!..

I have several questions for you regarding the Bigma now that you have several months of nearly everyday use under your belt..

1. Do you like it as much now as you did when you first got it??..

2. Do you find the weight in any way objectionable??..

3. How is the sling arrangement working out??..Short hikes vs. long hikes??..

4. Do you find yourself zooming while tracking birds in flight??..

5. Or do you set the focal length for a specific distance & wait for the animal to come into range??..

I think everyone here will agree that your results to date have been uniformly outstanding; reflecting your immense knowledge of the animals themselves, your ability to stalk, & your patience to wait for the shot once into position..

Congratulations on some stunning work, & good luck in the future!!!!

Bruce

baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 10:16 PM   #7

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
Roger, your osprey images are simply great!!

Did you ever figure out what the deal was with the nest where the male osprey dropped the branch??..

Thanks for the help in my getting the Kwik Aim RDS zeroed in..

BTW, I'll be selling off most of my older Tamron Adaptall manual zooms to help finance the purchase of a Bigma..

It's just too problematic to pan with a 5.5 lb. manual zoom, focus, & get very many good shots (if any)..

In addition, the interface between the Adaptall mount, the 70-350 zoom lens, & the camera has too much play in it for me to be really comfortable with (and forget about adding the 2x teleconverter!)..

Your results, & those of several other posters on dpReview, have convinced me that the Sigma 50-500 zoom is the way to go for on-the-wing wildlife photography..

The results obtainable with this "supposedly average" lens are simply not average as far as my oldereyes percieve!!..

I have several questions for you regarding the Bigma now that you have several months of nearly everyday use under your belt..

1. Do you like it as much now as you did when you first got it??..

2. Do you find the weight in any way objectionable??..

3. How is the sling arrangement working out??..Short hikes vs. long hikes??..

5. Or do you set the focal length for a specific distance & wait for the animal to come into range??..

I think everyone here will agree that your results to date have been uniformly outstanding; reflecting your immense knowledge of the animals themselves, your ability to stalk, & your patience to wait for the shot once into position..

Congratulations on some stunning work, & good luck in the future!!!!

Bruce

Hi Bruce thanks for the such a nice comment about my Osprey photos and for taking the time to look.

1. Do you like it as much now as you did when you first got it??.. OH YES, maybe more now that I have gotten used to it.

2. Do you find the weight in any way objectionable??.. It hasn't been a problem. Since I attached the lens to my BushHawk it has never been off of it. And it is very easy to carry around.

3. How is the sling arrangement working out??..Short hikes vs. long hikes??.. SUPERDUPPERTASTIC is the best word I can think of. It is just like carring a rifle in fact like I showed in the photos of the set up I use a rifle sling with it.

5. Or do you set the focal length for a specific distance & wait for the animal to come into range??.. I do both its all according to what the animal is doing. Probably 60% of the time I do chang the zoom as the animal is moving.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Jun 27, 2007, 8:14 AM   #8

WackyRoger,I,also,just love your bird photos! So crisp and clear..they are just fantastic.I am off now to research this Bigma lens..
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:43 AM   #9

kashka wrote:
Quote:
WackyRoger,I,also,just love your bird photos! So crisp and clear..they are just fantastic.I am off now to research this Bigma lens..
lisa
Thanks Kashka for the kind comment and for looking. I can tell you I am a happy camper woth my BIGMA.

TOTALLY WACKY roger