Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 27, 2007, 3:46 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Keithw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 421
Default

If anyone is thinking about getting a rocket blower, check out the Jessops website where they are selling one for £3.99. You can order on-line and pick-up from a store, saving the £3.95 shipping.

Assuming that they are OK and having suffered badly last week from dust on the CCD methinks I'll get one.

Keith


Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2007, 3:53 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Hayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,318
Default

About normal discount price. Got mine for about that from a not store but all the time EBay Seller a while back and about 1/2 the shipping $3 US Price $8 US

They do work very well, and that they are filtered air VS many blowers, a plus.... so you don't blow more dust in.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 5:33 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Alan T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chester, UK
Posts: 2,980
Default

If you've read the news about Jessops lately, like me you'll be hoping for a big sale of surplus stock, as they're shutting lots of shops.

Where I live, near Wrexham, they're in competition with my better & cheaper friends in the local camera shop ( www.wrexcam.com ), but everywhere else I go they're my frequent port of call. So I'm sorry they're in trouble.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:59 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Keithw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 421
Default

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
If you've read the news about Jessops lately, like me you'll be hoping for a big sale of surplus stock, as they're shutting lots of shops.

Where I live, near Wrexham, they're in competition with my better & cheaper friends in the local camera shop ( http://www.wrexcam.com ), but everywhere else I go they're my frequent port of call. So I'm sorry they're in trouble.
I also hope they survive. I have very fond memories of getting their catalogue. A veritable Aladin's cave of stuff I couldn't afford!

Not sure that this sale is related to their problems, they often seem to have bargains on their website. I suppose they have to in order to compete with the internet-only sites. Although an awful lot of those also seem to have at least one retail outlet.

In fact the only camera-related company that I wished would go out of business (but not really as I felt sorry for the staff) was Dixons. They appeared to have a positive policy to only employ people in the camera department who knew absolutely nothing about cameras. I ought to point out that I am going back quite a few years. Back in the days when independant camera stores where still found on the high street and Dixons were able to undercut the prices.
Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:19 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
jachol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW. England
Posts: 1,201
Default

Quote:-- In fact the only camera-related company that I wished would go out of business (but not really as I felt sorry for the staff) was Dixons. They appeared to have a positive policy to only employ people in the camera department who knew absolutely nothing about cameras. I ought to point out that I am going back quite a few years. Back in the days when independant camera stores where still found on the high street and Dixons were able to undercut the prices.

Hi KeithW,
I've had the same problem with Jessops staff, or at least some of their less senior members. I was more fortunate with Dixons, as I knew their camera dep't manager personally, and always sought his attention. I do agree with your comments on Dixons policies in general.

Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 5:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 1,868
Default

I think that you will find that the main problem with Jessops is that have been trading on their name for so long, that they have forgotten how to be competative.



My K0D was not only considerably cheaper in a different store (and cheaper than the net, that week) but it was in stock - Jessops was a 6 week wait and £200 dearer!

The sooner they shut and stop infecting all the new buyers the better.



Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:06 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
IntrepidWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 177
Default

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
My K0D was not only considerably cheaper in a different store (and cheaper than the net, that week) but it was in stock - Jessops was a 6 week wait and £200 dearer!

The sooner they shut and stop infecting all the new buyers the better.

Darren
But they do price match - or used to. That's probably why Internet Cameras Direct went bust 'cause we all went to Jessops to get internet prices in the high street - at least I did & saved a bunch on my *istDS.
IntrepidWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.