Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:51 AM   #1

Hey guys,

Was out with the FA50 and captured a few shots. The night was very educational in terms of photography and exposure. have a look! All are handheld.

Attached Images

Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:55 AM   #2

Some one screwed up the firing sequence
Attached Images

Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:55 AM   #3

BOOM!
Attached Images

Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:56 AM   #4

Interested observers
Attached Images

Old Jun 27, 2007, 1:27 PM   #5

Amazing pictures!

But wtf is #2? A crowd of people holding blue lights or a macro of a self-luminous sunflower (they grow themin theHarrisburg area)? I like this kind of pictures when you have to look twice or even trice to see what they actually are!

Kjell

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 5:31 PM   #6

Nice photos,Gazander.. I like the BOOM! one the best ..any tips?..With Canada Day this weekend I want to try out the K100D and not finally figure out the settings when its all over..lol.
Lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 8:49 PM   #7

I'm assuming it's okay to post this here if I quote the source - www.betterphoto.com Snapshot #322 newsletter, 26 Jun 2007

"THIS WEEK'S TIP

How to Photograph Fireworks by Charlotte Lowrie
If fireworks are a feature of summer activity in your part of the world, I thought I'd share my tips on exposing for fireworks. This technique works for fireworks at a good distance away - not for close-up shooting.
1. Mount the camera on a tripod and point the lens toward the area where the fireworks will explode.
2. Use a telephoto lens or set the lens you have to the longest telephoto zoom setting.
3. Focus the lens on infinity - the furthest point at which the lens will focus. For setup, focus on a distant tree or rock or star.
4. Set the camera to M (Manual) mode. Then set the exposure thusly: ISO: 200 ... Aperture: f/11 ... Shutter Speed: 1/3rd sec.
Now it's a matter of timing to catch the explosions at their peak before the smoke begins to form. Take some practice shots, and you'll soon ge t the hang of it. Then you can take a seat next to the camera, pressing the shutter button once in awhile as you enjoy the show!
You can also capture multiple bursts on the same frame by setting the camera to Bulb and using a black card to cover the lens between bursts. When a burst happens that you want to capture, remove the black card from the lens for a few seconds, and then replace the black card until another burst happens. This takes some practice, but can result in great shots! It's also advisable to use a cable release instead of pressing the shutter button with your finger.
Editor's Note: Charlotte Lowrie teaches many online photo classes here at BetterPhoto.com, including: RAW Shooting: From Capture to Finished Photo and Raw Shooting: Capture to Finished Photo with Adobe Elements.
"

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote