Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 28, 2007, 5:08 AM   #1

Dear Pentax Owners & Lovers!

Just today I discovered that my received K10D Kit...the body don't state where was fabicated or assembled...:?

The lens kit say where was assembled as you may see at my today photographed camera/kit got wise...:idea:

Any eruditely response; from where...the body made out...will make me happier!:P

Thanks in advance for your good will...

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2007, 5:21 AM   #2

Mine says Assembled in Phillipenes on thew main label (right in your pic) at bottom.

Ser # about 100K less 23xxxxx

Label also has the CE, FC markings and the check circle has N73 next to it.

Then again those are US certifications. Does Israel have mandatory origin labeling requirements?
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:03 AM   #3

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Mine says Assembled in Phillipenes on thew main label (right in your pic) at bottom.

Ser # about 100K less 23xxxxx

Label also has the CE, FC markings and the check circle has N73 next to it.

Then again those are US certifications. Does Israel have mandatory origin labeling requirements
My dear Hayward,

To my knowledged my specific received kit camera...was imported from US...as the Instructions manuals of the body/kit lens assure Denver Colorado & the booklet is ONLY in English.

Yes here this combo is a your named "Gray Import"...NOT from the officially importer...whatever..the warranty from this "gray" one importer or the officially here in Israel will give both of them 100% same results..."A WEAKER" reparation...must be send overseas...so as I payed much near $:120.00 less...so it's no boring me yet!.:P

Thanks so much for your information!

Peace,

Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:20 AM   #4

My K100D has no origin markings on it either, whereas most of the ones that I have seen posted have "Made In Philippines."
My K100 was bought in Malaysia, through the official importers, and no Pentax DSLR body that I have seen on the Asian market has an origin sticker/plate, or CE compliance stickers. All the lenses however do show country of manufacture.
I would suspect that your gray import came via SE Asia, due to the afore-mentioned lack of CE or FC markings. No problem, of course, but interesting none the less.
Intensecure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:33 AM   #5

Intensecure wrote:
Quote:
My K100D has no origin markings on it either, whereas most of the ones that I have seen posted have "Made In Philippines."
My K100 was bought in Malaysia, through the official importers, and no Pentax DSLR body that I have seen on the Asian market has an origin sticker/plate, or CE compliance stickers. All the lenses however do show country of manufacture.
I would suspect that your gray import came via SE Asia, due to the afore-mentioned lack of CE or FC markings. No problem, of course, but interesting none the less.
Thanks so much for clarify further...the seller assure me that he import Pentax good from US...:? As per example the lens cap is "Made in Japan"...

Peace,

Old Jun 28, 2007, 8:16 AM   #6

Likely just Passed through the US... vs going around the other way around the world.

PS my English manual also says Printed in the Philipenes.... nothing about Denver. I don't thing Pentax does anything in the US but market/service.

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 8:31 AM   #7

Dear Hayward,

Looking very well at the rear page on the thicker Operating Manual I found these code number at the right corner...also mine is printed in Philippines year 2006 code #: 01-200610 also another numbers at the left corner 57776.

But..from the rear two pages before "Declaration of Conformity". sorry for my mistake not Denver...but Golden,Colorado 80401 U.S.A...for so...I was confused.

Also you own the K100...just released a newer model K100 Super!

Peace,