Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 28, 2007, 5:56 PM   #1

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07...k100dsuper.asp

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:13 PM   #2

Yipee here comes the updates from Pentax.

Maybe a K10D super is on the way?? I have actually waited for something like this to happen.

Geir
Ayreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 7:10 PM   #3

i'd be a little PO if i had recently bought a k100d.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 7:38 PM   #4

robar wrote:
Quote:

roy
Nah, Technology is what technology is, there's nothing much about the super that'd help me make any better images than the K100D I got last week. The article says it 'adds' ISO 3200.. it's already there. Dust removal? I'll deal when I get it. As it is they had the $50 rebate on the K100D..still do, so for a couple fewer extras you get a fantastic DSLR for well under $400. I still feel like I made out like a bandit with this awesome camera. The SDM stuff? I bought this system because I don't need lenses with built in focusing motors, I'll save money not getting those lenses (although they LOOK cool)

Now if I just forked out the cash on a NikonD200 and they finally come out with it's successor this summer.. then I'd be miffed But I spent next to nothing and got a monster DSLR.. no PO here (unless they offer it at the same price when it comes out.. looks like it'sll be a hundred more or so)
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 8:42 PM   #5

CyberCoyote wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:

roy
Nah, Technology is what technology is, there's nothing much about the super that'd help me make any better images than the K100D I got last week. The article says it 'adds' ISO 3200.. it's already there. Dust removal? I'll deal when I get it. As it is they had the $50 rebate on the K100D..still do, so for a couple fewer extras you get a fantastic DSLR for well under $400. I still feel like I made out like a bandit with this awesome camera. The SDM stuff? I bought this system because I don't need lenses with built in focusing motors, I'll save money not getting those lenses (although they LOOK cool)

Now if I just forked out the cash on a NikonD200 and they finally come out with it's successor this summer.. then I'd be miffed But I spent next to nothing and got a monster DSLR.. no PO here (unless they offer it at the same price when it comes out.. looks like it'sll be a hundred more or so)

As stated before technology is going forward and getting more for your dollar is inevitable. Funny thing is there are still those out there that are waiting for a camera to come along that has either this or that and what is current is not good enough.

I never regretted getting the ist DS as my first dSLR. Love it! I am now using the K100D more than I had and putting it through its paces. So far I like the results with the Tamron 28-75mm XR Di 2.8 macro.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote