Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 29, 2007, 1:43 PM   #11

A couple of youngboysstanding on their front porch.

300mm, f/2.8, 1/320th sec, ISO200
Attached Images

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2007, 1:46 PM   #12

My friend Georghe (who was still working) having a play withmy K10D and 300mm lens.

Shot with my trusty DL with 10-20mm Sigma lens

20mm, f/5.6, 1/50th sec, ISO 400
Attached Images

Old Jun 29, 2007, 1:51 PM   #13

Selling vegetables like this common place, also with cigarettes, phone recharge cards and fruit.

They range from young like 10-12yrs up. I have seen one guy that looks close ot 90-100, I need to find him and see if I can get some shots.

300mm, f/2.8 1/500th sec, ISO200

Attached Images

Old Jun 29, 2007, 9:10 PM   #14

Great shots Crash!!

Very, very nice!!

I especially like the shots of the kids..

I'm sure that you've been asked this before, but what profession are you in??..

I've noticed by your posts that you have moved around a bit over the past several months..

When will you be back home??..Australia, right??..

baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 1:14 AM   #15

Incredible shots! These are really wonderful (running out of superlatives for your pictures, I'm envious). That's some lens - not sure I could manage it, but I sure would try hard if I could get shots like yours.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 10:57 AM   #16

I am an international peacekeeper currently assigned to the United Nations Mission in Timor Leste (UNMIT). I have been on a few other missionsrecently too.

Back to Australia, hmm...well.....yeah....maybe......NOT......enjoyin g being in all these amazing photographic opportunites too much at the moment to go home just yet.

If I have my way, I plan to spend as much time overseas policing (and photographing and living)as I can. SometimesI get to choose my locations, other times I don't. September is my change date, so it will be a new set of photo opportunities..Again.

Crash
Old Jun 30, 2007, 4:58 PM   #17

Thanks for posting more, Crash. Now I only wish one thing from you: post even more! Any excuse will do fine for me.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:04 PM   #18

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
I am an international peacekeeper currently assigned to the United Nations Mission in Timor Leste (UNMIT). I have been on a few other missionsrecently too.

Back to Australia, hmm...well.....yeah....maybe......NOT......enjoyin g being in all these amazing photographic opportunites too much at the moment to go home just yet.

If I have my way, I plan to spend as much time overseas policing (and photographing and living)as I can. SometimesI get to choose my locations, other times I don't. September is my change date, so it will be a new set of photo opportunities..Again.

Crash
Enjoy your time travelling Crash!!

My one & only regret when I was in the military was that I was not allowed the opportunity to transfer overseas to Germany (where I have distant relatives) or Korea (I've always wanted to visit the Orient)..

I was a Medic and the Army was in short supply for medics during the mid-to-late 1970's..

If I was in your shoes I would travel to as many countries as they would allow me!!..

Your shots reflect yourskill with the camera & your ability to take advantage of the wonderful opportunity that has been provided to you..

Congratulations!! Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 3:41 AM   #19

Bruce, I know what you mean, I spent my early years as a soldier and never went anywhere.

I must admit I don't think I truly appreciate the different and varied locales I am visiting, though I do make an effort to go out and photograph as often as possible. Just spent the last hour checking out some spots but nothing jumped out at me, typical. It is usually when you least expect it, thougt I do carry my camera with me 24/7.

14000 photographs since September, so I am working on it.

Kjell, I will post as often as I have somethig worthy for this forum. I don't want to bore everyone with ALL my pics. Anything special will always get a posting.

There are a a lot of other people, yourself included, that post some amazing shots. When I see them it inspires me to try and get a similar styles of images. i.e wide angle low down or shallow DOF candids, Sunsets, (well that is this evening, if it is good).

Thanks for the repsonse to my images and I will keep trying.