Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:04 AM   #11

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Recently BIGDAWG took exception of thinking I was telling him what to do..... really just trying to encourage.....

But STILL and I have read the manual front to back.... GO PLAY PUSH EVERY BUTTON do everyhtinh you can do..... SIX months aftter.... thought I knew it all but a recent thread getting me to knoe the difs between *istDS K100D and K10..... got me into all kinds of thing even so reading the manual I had never discovered and now have.

PLAY (jsut who cares just see what happens, things do, shooting) is IMPORTANT!!!! to truly undersatding the K10D...
even 200+ pages the manual really just sort of glosses over, there is a WHOLE lot you haveto learn by discovery..
My dear Buddy,

Sorry but my English is limited...can you, please crystal clear to me what really you mean...for comprehend 100% your response?

My best wishes, for your good will...

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:09 AM   #12

Essence is unless you print costs you NOTHING... push EVERY BUTTON... JUST PLAY see what the darn thing can do which is FAR beyond what is in the manual. Not even taking the firmware updates into account.

Manual 220 pages is really just icing the cake..... Please.... not a demand.... GO non critical shot PLAY and discover. You will then know what the 10Dis really caable of....might actually be 400 PAGE MANUAL THEN ifall was told. There are things treated as isolated things in the manual that actually work/inter-relate together in amazing ways.... but again takes the PLAY to discover.

10Dis not a pro but ADVANCED user camera but they still don't want to confuse too much... but all kinds of things for that sake DISABLED, really a much mor ecapable camera than it is out of the box....again just go play when you have the chance.... you'd be surprised by what they left out even if you did read the manual front to back.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:21 AM   #13

Yes...now I comprehend & get the picture!

I will do so...

Cheers,

Peace,

Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:22 AM   #14

Great Image..Beautifully cropped and love the blown out background..

http://www.benjaminkanarek.com
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:28 AM   #15

You know even going back 40 years with film SLR's... even early P&S cameras.... ALL mechanics!!!!!

K10D is the first camera I have EVER HAND THAT demands YOU PLAY WITH IT to get all you can out of it... and that REALLY makes it FUN... even using it day in and day out.

What's it going to do today to surprise me with what I didn't think it could do just because I just didn't go there yet and was glossed over in the manual?
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:29 AM   #16

benjikan wrote:
Quote:
Great Image..Beautifully cropped and love the blown out background..

http://www.benjaminkanarek.com
Sorry can't hear nothing...when I press "Play"...?

Thanks so much!

Peace,

Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:33 AM   #17

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
You know even going back 40 years with film SLR's... even early P&S cameras.... ALL mechanics!!!!!

K10D is the first camera I have EVER HAND THAT demands YOU PLAY WITH IT to get all you can out of it... and that REALLY makes it FUN... even using it day in and day out.
Yes...completely agree!

I will "Play" a little bit to help myself...so I be able to obtain maximum results with this elaborated camera...be 100% sure...:P

Peace,

Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:47 AM   #18

And again when I though I knew it all was going through the custom menu and came across something hadn't seem before ..... MAKE ISO steps follow EV settings....

Well you would thing that was just for the unique SV mode but no... actually effect manual ISO setting.... no longer need to go from 800 to 1600... if you have 1/3 EV steps set you have 1000 and 1250 as interim steps...but defaults setting you wouldn't.... again you wouldn't know this from the manual..... IT TAKES PLAY

And again why I LOVE the 10D DEMANDS that.... its always fun and dicovery.... every day. Some could say that should all be in the manual (again 400 pages vs 200) no makes the darn thig just plain fun every day.

And again much left out of the most find DAUTING 200+ pgs manual... awhle lot ofstuff it actually CAN do.... you just have to explore (can it) and discover (oh yes it can)..... again the MOST enjoyable camera on that basis I have ever owned..... it MAKES you a curious participant. And more often than not you think it should... and actually can.... you just had to get beyond the manual basic icing.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:54 AM   #19

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
And agin when I though I knew it all was going through the custom menu and came across something hadn't seem before ..... MAKE ISO steps follow EV settings....

Well you would thing that was just for the unique SV mode but no... actually effect manual ISO setting.... no longer need to go from 800 to 1600... if you have 1/3 EV steps set you have 1000 and 1250 as interim steps...but defaults setting you wouldn't.... again you wouldn't know this from the manual..... IT TAKES PLAY
Yes...I read it...same as the Nikon D-70 of my Son...but really I intended to leave it at 200 ISO mostly...but is better that with out this feature!

Thanks a lot, for remembering this good feature! :!:

My best wishes always,

Peace,

Old Jun 30, 2007, 10:20 AM   #20

But just one OF many THAT ARE ACTUALLY FUNTIONAL manual SHOOTING too.

OH WELL :?