Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 30, 2007, 10:26 AM   #21

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
But just one OF many THAT ARE ACTUALLY FUNTIONAL manual SHOOTING too.

OH WELL :?
Yes...you are again right... already read 3 times all the thicker owners manual...but I will do it twice times more...be 100% assured!:G

Now the last photo from the same session...

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:44 AM   #22

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Recently BIGDAWG took exception of thinking I was telling him what to do..... really just trying to encourage.....

But STILL and I have read the manual front to back.... GO PLAY PUSH EVERY BUTTON do everything you can do,.... non critical shot EXPERIMENT with everything..... SIX months aftter.... thought I knew it all but a recent thread getting me to know the difs between *istDS, K100D and K10..... got me into all kinds of things even scanning all three manuals I had never discovered of the 10D and now have an deeper understanding camera better personally configured.

PLAY (just who cares just see what happens, things do, shooting) is IMPORTANT!!!! to truly undersatding the K10D...
even 200+ pages the manual really just sort of glosses over, there is a WHOLE lot you haveto learn by discovery..far for off the shelf.
I'm sorry you somehow contsrued that I took exception to anything you've said Hayward. Not so my friend...I probably have played with mine as much as you have if not more...Just that I also like to get shots the way I've always done them and really don't want the camera to do it all for me. Really hate it when some one assumes something with out verifying the facts.. Rather dislike it even more when they post the misinformation of their assumption on the forum in this way...Not that I'm torqued out of shape about it, but really now you should find out some facts before you go posting something that isn't so...Sorry you feel your advice fell on deaf ears...It didn't...I just have already been doing what you suggested I do...I think if you had done a little more research before assming something you would now know better. Have a nice day but please from now on don't make assumptions in this way... Ask first and be prepared to agree to disagree as we all look at life in different ways.
\
Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 4:25 PM   #23

Another example from this weekend!

Peace.

Attached Images

Old Jul 7, 2007, 4:35 PM   #24

alex,
i was joking when i made the sharpen more comment.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 9:26 PM   #25

robar wrote:
Quote:
alex,
i was joking when i made the sharpen more comment.

roy
He was joking because he knows these ARE GOOD!!!! Very Very Good!

Dawg
Old Jul 8, 2007, 1:23 AM   #26

Dear Roy & Dawg,

Thanks so much...I want to share with you another question...I'm looking forward to change the received "Kit" lens by a Tamron 18-250mm "Travel' zoom lens?.

Yes, I know that I will add some money because the prices differences among the two zoom lenses...my inquiry; is if it's worthier?:?

Thanks in advance,

Peace,

Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:40 AM   #27

Another example from yesterday!

This flower is growing near my kitchen window...of course was needed with my Picasa software a little bit cropping + sharpening!.

If i recall well the F: was 8 & Shutter speed 1/125seg.

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:43 PM   #28

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Dear Roy & Dawg,

Thanks so much...I want to share with you another question...I'm looking forward to change the received "Kit" lens by a Tamron 18-250mm "Travel' zoom lens?.

Yes, I know that I will add some money because the prices differences among the two zoom lenses...my inquiry; is if it's worthier?:?

Thanks in advance,

Peace,

Alex I have 3 Tamron lens. I have a 28mm wide angle manual focus prime lens, a 28-80 AF LD lens, and a 70-300 AF LD lens. They all do a great job. I've never used the particular lens you are refering to and cannot comment on how good or bad it is. I do know that most Tamron lens are of good quality and do give good photos. I'll keep the ones I have till I can replace them with high quality Pentax lenses of the same type.

Dawg
Old Jul 11, 2007, 2:36 AM   #29

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Dear Roy & Dawg,

Thanks in advance,

Peace,

Alex I have 3 Tamron lens. I have a 28mm wide angle manual focus prime lens, a 28-80 AF LD lens, and a 70-300 AF LD lens. They all do a great job. I've never used the particular lens you are refering to and cannot comment on how good or bad it is. I do know that most Tamron lens are of good quality and do give good photos. I'll keep the ones I have till I can replace them with high quality Pentax lenses of the same type.

Dawg
My dear Dawg,

Yes your lenses selection is of course much better...that one only...as i want a 18-250mm "Travel" all-in-one like this lens, which I own & is fitted for ever with my first DSLR camera that i acquired a KM 7D one. But till meantime it's 99% that soon i will buy a Pentax P30T with 35-80mm original Pentax manual focus lens + a Pentax brand flash (Don't know 100% which model...but it's NOT so important for me!),+ a Sigma 28-200 manual focus lens with Pentax mount...all for $:50.00...which seems me very affordable...?:?

To my knowledge... apart the focus...which I need to do it "Manually" (When is in "Point' focus...the "Green" light will lit!), all the others "Auto" settings will work well...or I'm wrong?. As my K10D have such "Sensor Clean up" each time that i will change among lenses...I can "Clean" the sensor with camera feature!:P

Peace,

Old Jul 11, 2007, 3:24 AM   #30

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
i want a 18-250mm "Travel" all-in-one
Wow that is well OVER 12X, and I know they aren't cheap but they aren't the expensive that X range usually demands for end to end quality. (Admittidly haven't heard them really slammed either, but also few that mention having them)

Is the light weight kit lens that much more to carry, for those really wide situations.
I've had the much cheaper Tam 28-200mm that I was really surprised at IQ wise (as just the LD version too) And even with it found myself rarely mounting the kit for sub 28mm. But that also only 7x vs over 12X.... almost 14x.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote