Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 1, 2007, 4:32 AM   #1

I downloaded EXIFER the other day to use it to add some EXIF Data, namely comments, descriptions and Author to my images.

EXIFER added some data but not what I wanted and then screwed over my images, ever started your windows in safe mode and seen that bright 3 coloured desk top, thats what it did to my images, they still open in PSE ok and I can resave them back to normal, but if I open them or view them with windows they are all messed up.

I just downloaded ExifEditor and ITag and will try them out on some duplicated images first.

So my question is which software are you using?
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2007, 6:41 AM   #2

None, the exif for me is sacret. The only thing I don't want to change.

I'm using an external organiser for my pictures (Imatch), gives me the possibility to add any metadata I want. Ok when its db gets corrupt (i'll have to restore it from backup) or if the program would stop I would have to search for a replacement.

Might be that I'm wrong but if so please explain me why.

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:56 AM   #3

Adobe Bridge allows you to add meta data by creating a meta data template and applying it to a sigle or a batch of pictures. I have added adobe bridge to my workflow and it allows me to to do some pretty neat things. Russel Brown in has website has many tutorials on this.

Feroz
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 12:56 PM   #4

I use Opandas IExif 2.6 With the Firefox plugin. It's freeware and gives more info than some.

http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 3:16 PM   #5
PDL

I use three EXIF editors.

Opanda's Exif Editor (I have a old version) that allows for extensive editing.

I use EXIFEditor from http://www.kiwiczech.net/small cheap and effective. Allows for editing of nearly every EXIF field - very nice, but it only works on one image at a time.

My main EXIF/IPTC editor is Microsofts PhotoInfo http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...photoinfo.mspxIt supports Pentax thumbnailPEF viewing in explorer (not IE) on Vista when coupled with the Pentax codec. You can view JPEG information on either XP or Vista without issue.

I use the MS tool to add copyright informtaion, location information, credits, instructions to all my images and it can be done in batch. I use the Opanda and EXIFEditor to add camera, film, lens, f/stop and shutter speed into my scanned images.

PDL
PDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:28 PM   #6

Ronny

I know what you mean about the EXIF data. I am not trynig to change the data, just add some details like I mentioned.

Maybe I should be looking at Meta data editors (like Adobe Bridge )and Not Exif editors.

Thaks eveyone I will have a look at those programs. I just want the ability tobe able tobatch edit them to add things like author or location etc etc, notmess with the camera settings and so forth.

Crash
Old Jul 1, 2007, 11:17 PM   #7

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
I use Opandas IExif 2.6 With the Firefox plugin. It's freeware and gives more info than some.

http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/

Dawg
I use this one as well.
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 7:01 AM   #8

crash,
what OS are you using?? i've had no problem with EXIFER. i've looked and looked for a free batch editor to no avail. EXIFER is not really a true editor as it doesn't let you change existing fields but does allow you to add info. a true editor i use is REVEAL but it does not do a batch. i'd like to add lens info for many of my shots but have to use it on a single image at a time.

roy
edit: Opandas IExif 2.6 is only a viewer, not an editor unless you purchase the editor portion of the program.
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 7:10 AM   #9

REVEAL
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 6:31 PM   #10

Roy,

Windows XP SP2

Crash