Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:20 PM   #41

bluwing wrote:
Quote:
A 50mm Is nice to say you have one, But to me it is limiting. With the tamron 28-75mm f2.8 you have the 50mm range covered. Granted it is not as fast as a 1.4 50mm lens, But how many trimes are you going to use it. You can always get it later if you decide you need or want one.

Rudy
Until I got my FA 43mm Limited my FA 50mm was on my camera 65% of the time. It really all depends on what you take pictures of. For pictures indoors of babies and kids the FA 50 was my most used lens. All primes are "limiting" because of the fixed focal length, that's why we have a few of them in our camera bags. I carry a 28, 35, 40, 43, 50, 77, 90, and 135. Hehe... not so much limited anymore! :-)
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:36 PM   #42

I have already given you my recommendations and I still stick by them. Yes you could get the lenses later, but if you can afford them now, I'd recommend getting them now. You never know when a photo opportunity comes up and you would have wished you had something wider, something faster, or something longer. If you can afford the lenses now, you never know what might happen in the future that might prevent you from getting the glass you wanted and could have bought today.

You keep changing your mind, and I am exactly the same way when I buy something. Once you make the purchase you want that piece of mind knowing you made the best purchase possible. But I have a feeling you are set on the 16-45, and if you are get it, but if you aren't I think you are better off with the 12-24. The 16-45 was a great alternative to the kit 18-55 and I believe is the reason why it is so popular, a little wider, faster, and sharper. With the introduction of the DA 12-24 and DA* 16-50 I see less reason why I'd want to use the 16-45 over those two lenses.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 5:49 PM   #43

It so happens what you say is what I want to hear, however my conscience is screaming while it tries to pull on the wallet strings :lol:

Knowing myself, once I order, I'll order the whole package and say ''to hell with the budget''. I built myself a new PC this year, I started with a 2500$ budget and ended up paying almost twice as much at the end.

So are men and gadgets. I recon I better enjoy it before I get married and all the money goes into new purses and shoes... no? :idea:

I'm waiting (im)patiently for Prodigital2000 to give me a quote... we will go from there. One thing for sure is that the 50mm needs to go in the cart ... everybody who has it loves it.
TigerLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:17 PM   #44

You have to admit, we've been having fun spending your money, haven't we?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:48 PM   #45

Will it look desperate if I send an email to check if they got my request for a quote? :P
Old Jul 6, 2007, 4:29 PM   #46

Well I caved and called in.

I spoke to Amy and apprently my e-mail never got it, so she gave me another address and told me I should have an answer by Monday ! :|

Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:37 AM   #47

Great news !

I received an amazing price quote, Ill be getting everything at ocne !

Until thing bugging me is I have no flash... can anyone suggest one that works wirelessly or can be rotated?
Old Jul 10, 2007, 1:54 PM   #48

TigerLord wrote:
Quote:
Great news !

I received an amazing price quote, Ill be getting everything at ocne !

Until thing bugging me is I have no flash... can anyone suggest one that works wirelessly or can be rotated?
Well congrats!

The only two that have wireless TTL capability (using the popup flash as either the master or commander) and a rotating head are the Pentax AF 540FGZ and the Sigma EF 500 DG Super P-TTL. With the Sigma, you must have the most recent firmware update installed in the flash for wireless support for the K10. If you buy one that doesn't have it, Sigma will update it at no charge, but you have to pay shipping to the service center.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 3:16 PM   #49

Hmmm I havent had time to check into that yet since I have been busy but Amy from Prodigital2000 called me saying her boss told her the 50mm FA F/1.4 didnt work with the latest SLR...

Im pretty sure it does though right?
Old Aug 8, 2007, 3:35 PM   #50

Amy doesn't know what she's talking about. The FA lenses are fully compatible with the Pentax digital bodies in every detail. And all Pentax lenses ever made can be used in the way they were made to, be it auto focus, manual focus, automatic aperture setting or manual aperture setting.

But with the FA lenses its auto everything, just like with the DA lenses. And the FA 50 mm 1.4 is a h*ck of a lens, best price/performance ratio there is.

Take this from someone who can compare with the best of the best Pentax have made.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote