Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 3, 2007, 7:52 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Horca, Colorado Big Horn Sheep Part #1

Ron got me all excited about finding some Big Horn Sheep. I got lucky and found 3 rams. Looks like a really good year for grass, they sure do look healthy. The background photos are where I found them and the inserts are after I got a little closer.

They are down off the cliffs in the meadows enjoying the tall grass











TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2007, 8:19 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 188
Default

Nice shots of the sheep Roger!!

When I saw how low off the mountain those sheep were, my first thought was where were the mountain lions??..

The sheep must really feel in their comfort zone to be down low..

Is it normal for them to come down to the meadows like that??

Just curious, have you ever photographed a lion??

The only time I ever saw one in the wild was when I suprised one while hiking up out of the treeline on Mt. Ranier back in 1981..

I don't know who was more scared, me or the cat!!

Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 9:50 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Peacekeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,024
Default

I am curious too. In Australia sheep have wool and dear have fur. I am not seeing any wool here Roger. Whats going on :lol:.

I can see a lot of Aussie sheep shearers scratching thier heads at how they are going to shear those :?.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 9:31 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots of the sheep Roger!!

When I saw how low off the mountain those sheep were, my first thought was where were the mountain lions??..

The sheep must really feel in their comfort zone to be down low..

Is it normal for them to come down to the meadows like that??

Just curious, have you ever photographed a lion??

The only time I ever saw one in the wild was when I suprised one while hiking up out of the treeline on Mt. Ranier back in 1981..

I don't know who was more scared, me or the cat!!

Bruce
Hi Bruce, this is the 2nd year in a row they have down towards the river. Up above them I also saw som moms and babies but the rams got my attention so I didn't try for the lady's.

Nope on a picture of a lion, I have seen a few but that was before I owned a camera.

Thanks Bruce for commenting and for looking.



TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 7:16 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
I am curious too. In Australia sheep have wool and dear have fur. I am not seeing any wool here Roger. Whats going on :lol:.

I can see a lot of Aussie sheep shearers scratching thier heads at how they are going to shear those :?.
Crashman I think our Big Horns heard about them Aussie Sheep Shearers and changed their coats to keep them away. Thanks for the comment and for taking the time to look.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 10:43 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Rodney9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yeronga, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 3,518
Default

What a gorgeous sky over beautiful countryside, I can't believe those huge horns.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful shots.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 9:44 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Rodney9 wrote:
Quote:
What a gorgeous sky over beautiful countryside, I can't believe those huge horns.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful shots.
Thanks Rodney for the nice comment and for taking the time to look.


TOTALLY WACKY roger


WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.