Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:12 PM   #1

Hi All,

The new firmware to support SDM lenses has been released. Hopefully, the first two DA* lenses will soon follow

Download it here:

http://www.pentax.co.jp/english/supp...al/k10d_s.html

. . .keeping my fingers crossed. . .

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2007, 1:30 AM   #2

Thanks for the post.... after 4 in 5 mos, updating firmware is just about an automatic routine now.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 7:52 AM   #3

snostorm wrote:
Quote:

Scott
You and me, both, Scott! Sure hope I have an excuse to visit the Credit Union soon!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:32 PM   #4

So my K10 wont support the SDM lenses without updating the firmware? Man that sucks. I've never updated the firmware on a cam and I'm not looking forward to it. What is bound to happen is, Ill do it and screw up the cam somehow. When I bought the cam back in Dec it was touted as being SDM capable. Now I have to risk killing my cam to use them? Thats seriously messed up.

So what do I do, download the file. copy it to a sd card and load it into the cam? Will it then automatically update? Or do I have to do something else as well?
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 1:19 PM   #5

Spiritbro77 wrote:
Quote:
So my K10 wont support the SDM lenses without updating the firmware? Man that sucks. I've never updated the firmware on a cam and I'm not looking forward to it. What is bound to happen is, Ill do it and screw up the cam somehow. When I bought the cam back in Dec it was touted as being SDM capable. Now I have to risk killing my cam to use them? Thats seriously messed up.

So what do I do, download the file. copy it to a sd card and load it into the cam? Will it then automatically update? Or do I have to do something else as well?
follow the link and it has directions on how to do it.
chepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 2:03 PM   #6

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
snostorm wrote:
Quote:

Scott
You and me, both, Scott! Sure hope I have an excuse to visit the Credit Union soon!
Hi Harriet,

I think that it's an indication that they're on schedule for August release as they promised when they announced the delay. Unlike you, I've not been able to try out the DA* 50-135/2.8, so have not pre-ordered one -- will wait to hear reactions from my fellow Pentaxians before I commit -- I just hope that their statement that they delayed the introduction so they could fill the demand wasn't just smoke. . . and I'll actually be able to get one. . . -- I guess I'll keep fingers crossed on both hands. :-)

Scott

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 5:28 PM   #7

Spiritbro77 wrote:
Quote:
There are direction with the file.

Also you have been missing some great added function/mode options., that were added in the earlier updates.... but they are cumulative so you only need the latest (1.30)
Old Jul 5, 2007, 7:14 PM   #8

The directions seem simple enough except for one thing.........

"After formatting the SD card, copy the fwdc162.bin file to the route directory of the SD card."

Whats the "route directory"? :lol:

Old Jul 5, 2007, 10:44 PM   #9

Spiritbro77 wrote:
Quote:
Whats the "route directory"? :lol:
The first directory you come to when when you click on the card/drive. (and its root directory, as in the root of the directory tree for the card/drive)

IE if it is a card you have been been using in the camera, do not put it in the DCIM folder. Easiest thing is to just extract the file to the card. (assuming you have a card reader) via cable is a little trickier.

Just be sure it is a fresh battery or very little used one. The whole thing only take about 90 sec, but the one thing that WILL screw it up is if the battery dies in the middle of it.

I have done all 4 updates individually, and never a problem.

Old Jul 6, 2007, 3:54 PM   #10

Thanks Hayward. I appreciate the help.Well I charged the battery last night and already downloaded the file so I guess it's off to try this. Man I hope I don't mess up my cam. I have my DL as backup but sonce getting the K10 I can't see ever going back Wish me luck guys