Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:05 AM   #1

Some FW shots.... too far for the fast 50mm, so actually sort of surprisising results from Tamron 28-200mm in MF and (and LD ver at that) with zooming quite a bit, INF focus stayed remarkably stable... sort of surprised me... given in the same type INF range in AF it still would tweek slightly usually with range shift. And the MF, AF confirmation showed it was staying that way. Though I was never at 28mm or 200mm... mostly shutteling the mid range. (And all cropped about 25%....cutting the black side areas)

This shot of one of the more unique FW I have seen in some time... very densely active and confined.... impressive as a still, in movement really amazing... almost like a living breathing thing that lasted several sec.

K10D All handheld with SR on.... this one 1/30 sec f/8 85mm

Attached Images

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:06 AM   #2

1/100 f/6.3 113mm
Attached Images

Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:07 AM   #3

1/3 f/8 85mm
Attached Images

Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:07 AM   #4

1/10 5.6 113mm
Attached Images

Old Jul 6, 2007, 4:34 PM   #5

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Some FW shots.... too far for the fast 50mm
Just curious as to why you would use a fast lens anyway? All the hints/tips I ever read said to stop the lens down to at least f/11. The more you stop it down, the more ambiant light you eliminate and the idea is to get only the fireworks unless there is something meaningful in the ambiant light (i.e. landmark or other meaningful background)

Number two is cool, and I am going to have to agree that the first shot is unique.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 6:31 PM   #6

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Great captures Hayward. No. 3 is my favorite! Due to the god-awful crowds I have stayed away from public fw displays--I wonder what a private showing would cost?:-) Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 5:04 AM   #7

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:

Just curious as to why you would use a fast lens anyway? All the hints/tips I ever read said to stop the lens down to at least f/11. The more you stop it down, the more ambiant light you eliminate and the idea is to get only the fireworks unless there is something meaningful in the ambiant light (i.e. landmark or other meaningful background)

Number two is cool, and I am going to have to agree that the first shot is unique.
Question of flexability not necesarily shooting at widest but at prime sharpest of given lens..... GENERALLY 1-2 STOPS UP FROM WIDE and NO HIGHER. Pretty much and MOST LENSES lens F/16 AND DEF 22 up is CRAP BUT for DOF consdideration. Starts to be all kinds of optical prblems going on then.

And again the the shots here vary between 1/3 secand 1/00th second see much spread diff? (yea most cropped but pretty much all equaly to make a sqare and be smal enough.

Also shooting at INF so WIDE no shallow DOF issues either, lens really not an issue

Again the lattitude... and also some I shot a lttlle dim limited t F/4..... At 1.4 would have been brilliant.... and higher exposure... really noy a WORLD of difference in a more sotpped down a still BRIGHT FW but 1/10 sec or so.

Again the fast lens gives you the CHOICE of lattitude (even if AE mod) vs JUST NOT POSSIBLE a sower lens might be.

Happened to work OK this fourth with Tamron LD 28-200mm , but not even REMOTELY as well as my literally day acquired never used before 50mm A 1.7 was at much closer range.... gourgious vs just nice impromtue last min Salfish Tournament FW show..

And even shots captured surprisingly fast were still (fast shutter) full frame spead.... guess real brilliant equals fast move? Pretty much covers the same trritory anyways as dimmer slower exposures..

Old Jul 7, 2007, 5:21 AM   #8

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Great captures Hayward. No. 3 is my favorite! Due to the god-awful crowds I have stayed away from public fw displays--I wonder what a private showing would cost?:-) Jay
Yeah that is my favorite too.....

Pyro desiner if there probably would have been going DAM*

Petals should have been brighter at that point, but just when the core fired.

I'm sure they intendended a big Dazisy effect..... but if you have ever seen a RED one we have here acrtually came off looking like that.

And yeah I was sort of tourist and local drunk annoyed, later finally taken away by the cops..... but at the same time knew just were I could go and have a view, and jst be for that 20-30min.... .

Nice thing about samll islands..... though they do have smallness downsides.
But not near the even suburbia megalopolis most places anywheres near a city are getting to be.... both traffic and socially.

MIAMI, TAMPA , ORLAMDO, and ATLANT are prettyt scarry places to go.....leet alone live full time if not a city person....

And hey supposedly normal mid America.... back in the 70's WKRP wasn't that far off base.... just looking at your location.... and meeting many from/born there in the past 20+ years. ... the reactions to that show from there visiting or even moved here are always interesting to see.