Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:53 PM   #1

Hello Pentax Owners & fans,

Here is the officially response form Pentax-Support devision, regarding my question of the maximum Trigger Voltage that my lovely K10D can handle?

>Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

The maximum safe trigger voltage is 30Volts for our digital SLR cameras.

I hope that your question has been answered to your satisfaction.
Should you have further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

When replying, please make sure this email is included.

With kind regards,

Wim van Kleef
Pentax Digital Camera Support Team

Your Email:

Hello!

I want to know 100% exactly the maximum Trigger Voltage possible for an a externally flash. As I own a collection of 7 ones.

Thanks so much for your information!

Sincerely,

Alex!

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:34 PM   #2

i've been told over the phone by a pentax tech that the the max was 300v.. then someone told me pentax EU said 30v. i think i'd use the 30v just to be safe.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:39 PM   #3

I have heard the 30V before.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:59 PM   #4

Also seen 5V. If Pentax aren't 100% then we have no hopes!

Darren

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 6:23 PM   #5

And 5V is what most modern flashes are I think I know the ones I have measured are.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 1:04 AM   #6

Hello Folks!

I own a collection (After more of 4 decades of been an a Technical Photographer...now retired/pensioner!)...7 flash, two "Hammer's ones a Metz CL-4 & Sunpak 522, old one Made in Japan Vivitar 285 (Plastic Shoe broken...so NOT more in use!, with modern DSLR...can't...to high Trigger Voltage!. Another Vivitar much more modern if I recall the model seems me 337...bad smell once from the batteries location...so NOW resting in peace!, a Sunpak AF-443 (Today in use with my newer Pentax K10D as his Trigger Voltage I measure it with my Fluke 77 DMM near 7 & half volts A Metz 32 MK-3 (5 volts) & my last acquired Sigma 500 Super DG with KM/Sony shoe mount for my other KM 7D outfit.
So...the Sunpak & the Metz 32 can be use very safely with ALL the DSLR cameras.

Have a nice weekend + peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:57 PM   #7

Thanks all for the trigger voltage info! I have a Pentax AF400T potato masher with the external battery pack I've used with my Pentax LX. While I doubt whether I can use its TTL on my K10D, at least it would seem that I can use the flash's own sensor in the old style automatic fashion. Would be a shame not to have 100 watt second power to blister paint with.
George in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 4:43 PM   #8

Query Pentax customer service if you have a techinical question. When I got my first dslr (the *ist D) I emailed themthe models ofolder flashes I had and asked if it was safe to use them and which ones would work TTL. No mention of voltage, and they evidently didn't have a ready answer, because they said they actually tested the models they had on hand for me! I was impressed.:O Really impressed. :shock:
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 5:01 PM   #9

Thanks! I've got a query in for that, and also if they expect a firmware revision to all ow real mirror lock-up, not this lock up and 2 seconds later the shutter fires. Would be good for close-up work when you wait for that d----- breeze to die down!

Man, what a learning curve on the K10D after years of conventional film cameras!
George in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 6:18 PM   #10

George in Georgia wrote:
Quote:
Thanks all for the trigger voltage info! I have a Pentax AF400T potato masher with the external battery pack I've used with my Pentax LX. While I doubt whether I can use its TTL on my K10D, at least it would seem that I can use the flash's own sensor in the old style automatic fashion. Would be a shame not to have 100 watt second power to blister paint with.
another good link

HERE

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote