Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 5, 2007, 1:53 PM   #1

I am in a bit of a pickle.

I just got this lens off of ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...;rd=1&rd=1

I got it in the mail today and slapped it on my K10, and crap! not only is the lens not functional at all, it is stuck on. I can't get it off for the life of me.

Anybody have any ideas? Help? Insight?

I did some reading and saw that some lenses have a small pin that will catch the mount, but I don't know if this is the problem because the lens is loose on the mount and has about 3/16 of rotational "play" could this be possible if it is jammed with a pin?
Bigben91682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:18 PM   #2

PHEW!

So i did some more research and found that the lens was in fact a Ricoh mount, with that special little pin that makes everyones life difficult when it gets caught in the focus screw.

Well i did some reading and found you can get a feeler gauge from any autoparts store and wiggle it between the lens and body in the neighborhood of the focus screw.

So I ran and got the feeler gauge, sure enough I found the trouble spot are and started playing with the feeler gauge to see if I could slip it between the pin on the lens and the AF screw on the body. Well I tried for about an hour. Emotions ranged from angry to wanting to throw up. Anyway I got frustruated and said F IT!I put the camera into MF mode (to retract the AF screw) and started sawing with the feeler gauge, the thickest one that I could fit in. And after suprising little sawing, a minute or two, I had made it through the pin and off came the lens. I was holding the camrea upside downish and none of the metal shavings got into the body, and the mounting ring and AF screw on the body are basically unscathed (a little scuffed) and fully functional. Not only that, but the pin was removed at exactly the right place, and the lens now slides on and off like it was made to! So I think I killed 2 birds with one stone: got the stuck lens off the camera and made the lens usable on my K10D.

Horay for lessons learned the hard way. At least now I know to look before slapping any ole lens on my camera.
Bigben91682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:26 PM   #3

BB, haven't seen you before so
welcome to the forum. dude, you got lucky. just be glad that the pin was probably made of brass and the feeler, steel.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:29 PM   #4

BB, for the price of that lens it betterbe more than just good.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:56 PM   #5

Seems like a very expensive 28mm lens!

Couldn't see any gold-plating though.

Why is it so dear?

Darren

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote