Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 7, 2007, 2:44 AM   #41

I can still see all of the pictures. Watch out, bandits of this world!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 9:19 AM   #42

now i can't see any of the previous images except those from jim and PB. i'll try this

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 9:21 AM   #43

that didn't work and i used the [ img ] tag. maybe this will

Old Jul 7, 2007, 9:22 AM   #44

to he!! with it. i'll just use PB. it's a lot easier.

roy
Old Jul 7, 2007, 9:34 AM   #45
Administrator

robar wrote:
Quote:
that didn't work and i used the [ img] tag. maybe this will

It has to be a valid image link first. ;-)

Those links didn't even end with jpg, and they had no size parameter included. They are links to the pages the images are located on, not the actual links to the images themselves.

Here is what you had for that last one (it's not even a link to an image file, it's a link to a page that contains an image).

Code:
All you need to do to get a valid link to an image with most browsers is right click on it and use a copy link location function (sometimes under properties, depending on the browser being used).

Then, just use the button and paste the address into it, making sure it's got a valid size option (as previously discussed), and it ends in .jpg (or another valid image type). That button does the same thing as putting the img tags around the address. It only takes a few seconds. Or, you can put the tags around it yourself versus using the button. But, it's got to be a link to a valid image file.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 1:57 PM   #46
Administrator

For example, here is the page you were going to:

http://picasaweb.google.com/roysphot...70018074367778

Now, if I right click on that image (I'm using Firefox 2.004), I can use the Copy Image Location menu choice to get a link to it, like this:

Or, as an alternative if the browser you're using doesn't show that menu option, you can right click on an image, select Properties, then highlight the link to the image using your mouse to scroll to the end of it, and press CTRL+C (Control and C keys at the same time) to copy the highlighted link

Here it is if I paste it into a thread (and you'd just use Edit, Paste menu choices, or just use CTRL+V instead to paste it).

Code:
http://lh6.google.com/roysphoto/RZGlq-0BlyI/AAAAAAAAAl0/sf-0-Ikr5NE/IMGP2276.jpg?imgmax=512

Now, if I want that image to show up in a forum thread, I need to modify it so that it ends up like this. Note that I removed the part after .jpg, and also inserted a size parameter of 640 (s640/) for 640 pixels wide, right before the final .jpg file name. I'm showing it with img and /img (surrounded in brackets) code tags. Leave those out if you want to paste the copied link into the entry screen using the button.

Code:
Then, you get this image embedded:

BTW, I notice that if you are viewing an album page in your Picasa Web Albums, a size parameter (like the /s640 I inserted) is already in the address you get if you right click on one and use the Copy Image Location feature in Firefox. It's just pretty small (so, you'd want to change it to something larger like s640 for 640 pixels wide).

Old Jul 7, 2007, 2:33 PM   #47
Administrator

JimC wrote:
Quote:
BTW, I notice that if you are viewing an album page in your Picasa Web Albums, a size parameter (like the /s640 I inserted) is already in the address you get if you right click on one and use the Copy Image Location feature in Firefox. It's just pretty small (so, you'd want to change it to something larger like s640 for 640 pixels wide).
For example, go to this page in your albums:

http://picasaweb.google.com/roysphot...urAvianFriends

Then, right click on the desired image and use the same "Copy Image Location" feature like this:

If you paste that copied link into the entry screen that pops up when you use the button, you'd see this

Code:
http://lh6.google.com/roysphoto/RZGlq-0BlyI/AAAAAAAAAl0/sf-0-Ikr5NE/s144/IMGP2276.jpg
Then, all you'd need to do is change the s144 to a different size (s640, etc.).

Old Jul 8, 2007, 7:14 AM   #48

even if this works, it's too much trouble. at PB all i have to do is copy an already made link. i have learned something tho.

roy

Old Jul 8, 2007, 9:59 AM   #49
Administrator

robar wrote:
Quote:
even if this works, it's too much trouble. at PB all i have to do is copy an already made link. i have learned something tho.
That's all you're really doing here if you right click on one of the smaller images on an album page and use the Copy Image location menu choice after right clicking on it from your browser.

Then, it's ready to paste into the box you get when you select the button. It's just a smaller size than you may want. So, all you need to do is change it to something larger by changing the numbers (for example, from s144 to s640).

If you want to right click on a larger image (versus one of the thumbnails on an album page), then a little more editing of the link is required (as described in this thread). I've got an account for Picasa Web Albums. But, I haven't used it myself. I prefer http://www.pbase.com (it's $23/year for 500MB of space with lots of customization of your album pages available).

http://www.pbase.com/pricing.html

Old Jul 8, 2007, 12:13 PM   #50

thanks jim.,
i'm using IE and don't have the option of 'copy image location'.

roy