Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:36 PM   #1

Ah the joys of SR Taken in rainy overcast weather, one hand holding an umbrella while the other braced the camera on a railing, ISO 400 35mm on the 18-55 1/15sec f/8 in RAW then PP in photolab and PS

CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2007, 9:15 PM   #2

oooohhhhhh

thats real nice

i like the detail under the bridge

as well as the flowing water

i went out photographing in the rain last weekend
the lighting and the colours were different to the normal Aussie bush
i still havent processed my photos
i will try to get some up on here
one day
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 10:22 PM   #3

i don't know if i like the bridge in this photo. it just seems kinda ordinary and to me it distracts from the beautiful water falls. i don't know if your position and angle allowed for a shot without the bridge. but then again the blown out sky doesn't look all that much better. maybe try a split neutral density filter?

the detail under the bridge is AWESOME! i think this is a very good example of what the kit lens is capable of.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:05 PM   #4

Beautiful scenery, you shot the water at just the right speed to make it look luxurious.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 5:58 AM   #5

ishino wrote:
Quote:
i don't know if i like the bridge in this photo. it just seems kinda ordinary and to me it distracts from the beautiful water falls. i don't know if your position and angle allowed for a shot without the bridge. but then again the blown out sky doesn't look all that much better. maybe try a split neutral density filter?

the detail under the bridge is AWESOME! i think this is a very good example of what the kit lens is capable of.
It's a tiny waterfall and I was in a rush, but I'm with you on the upper part of the bridge/blown out sky. Other exposures had a massive amount of purple fringing in the metal work of the bridge against the sky and the trees, too. In better conditions I plan on revisiting with a tripod to do a better job of composing, maybe take some over/under exposures to combine to equivocate a split filter.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback.
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 6:29 AM   #6

I think you did a nice job with it. The trees do the side framing & obviously the bridge detail is very good & thenyour position gets me wondering what could be coming next ...besides the water! Yes,the sky lighting could be improved but I don't thinkits the focus of the shot.

Nice job & thanks for sharing!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:44 PM   #7

I like it as it is. It would have been a good shot without the bridge too, but you captured what was there and I like the framing effect the bridge has on this shot.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 3:24 PM   #8

I also like it as it is. Without the bridge it would "just" have been another nice waterfall shot... The bridge allows me to start wondering how it would have been to be there, maybe cross the bridge on a hiking tour.:roll:

Kjell
bilybianca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 5:19 PM   #9

I like it "as is" also. Since it was overcast and raining, I imagine that the scene was captured pretty accurately with the added bonus of the soft water. . .

The sky isn't really blown to the detriment of the other elements that border with it, and it wasn't blue since it was overcast -- and the lower contrast of the background trees is what distant objects look like in the rain. You've got good exposure for the rock wall and the leaves bordering the upper portion of the frame.

Well done I'd say!

Scott

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 5:34 PM   #10

I like the Shot as is also. Great work.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote