Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 7, 2007, 5:41 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
rhermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Antwerp - Belgium
Posts: 3,454
Default

Now and then you see a post asking about how good a Tamron 18-200 lens is,
I'm always answering that I like the lens but somehow I don't seem to be using it a lot.
Now holidays are coming up and I found that I had to get it out of the mothballs.

And guess what we had some dry weather today ,so here are some shots from today any C&C is always welcome.

Ronny


Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80) - Aperture: f/9 - Focal Length: 118 mm - ISO Speed: 320


Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160) - Aperture: f/11 - Focal Length: 200 mm - ISO Speed:320


Exposure:0.01 sec (1/100)- Aperture: f/8 - Focal Length: 90 mm - ISO Speed:250


Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160) - Aperture: f/8 - Focal Length: 200 mm - ISO Speed: 640


Exposure: 0.033 sec (1/30) - Aperture: f/6.3 - Focal Length: 18 mm - ISO Speed: 125
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2007, 8:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 380
Default

I know that your lot more experienced than myself, but for a lens that most would not give the time of day for I think these pics look great to say the least. Nice.
dwssas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 12:15 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Rodney9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yeronga, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 3,518
Default

Beautiful ! Who would have known a thistle could look so good.
The tree lined shot is wonderful, it takes you along, wondering where to, what adventure lays forth...
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 12:57 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
mtngal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Posts: 16,056
Default

Very nice series - you certainly know how to get good pictures out of that lens. And your thistles are wonderful (they are fun to shoot - it's easy to make them look good).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 5:36 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
rhermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Antwerp - Belgium
Posts: 3,454
Default

dwssas wrote:
Quote:
I know that your lot more experienced than myself, but for a lens that most would not give the time of day for I think these pics look great to say the least. Nice.
Thanks for the nice remark.

The biggest problem (imho) with superzooms is that they need lots of light. Especially at 200mm. So given enough light it's not a bad lens.

Ronny

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 5:36 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
rhermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Antwerp - Belgium
Posts: 3,454
Default

Rodney9 wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful ! Who would have known a thistle could look so good.
The tree lined shot is wonderful, it takes you along, wondering where to, what adventure lays forth...
Thanks Rodney
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 5:38 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
rhermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Antwerp - Belgium
Posts: 3,454
Default

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Very nice series - you certainly know how to get good pictures out of that lens. And your thistles are wonderful (they are fun to shoot - it's easy to make them look good).
Thanks Harriet,

It was my first thistle shot, and as you say they're easy to get good.
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 8:59 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Wingman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG
Posts: 4,327
Default

Amazing sharpness from this lens!From your pictures it appears that the lens works great at both extremes...this might just be the perfect "walk about" lens!

As for the pictures themselves.excellent composition both in terms of perspective and color.I especially like the close up of the#3 (Thistle)and #4 (the road to Grandma's house). Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 12:14 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
tiger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,696
Default

All looking good, great color and detail Ronny! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 12:25 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
rhermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Antwerp - Belgium
Posts: 3,454
Default

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Amazing sharpness from this lens!From your pictures it appears that the lens works great at both extremes...this might just be the perfect "walk about" lens!

As for the pictures themselves.excellent composition both in terms of perspective and color.I especially like the close up of the#3 (Thistle)and #4 (the road to Grandma's house). Jay
Thanks Jay,

I first bought it to be my walk around lens, and it is (and here comes the but) :-)
but as most super zooms it needs a lot of light to get descent results. It's not bad wide open but adding 1 or 2 stops really helps.
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:03 PM.