Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 7, 2007, 5:34 PM   #1

I have been looking, waiting, searching for a Pentax FA J 80-320 for a while. Well, I went ahead and bought one, and what arrived was a 75-300. Going back, yes indeed, that is exactly what I ordered - my fault.

Well anyway, put it on the camera and shot a couple of quick pictures of Sophie, and my wife wanted to see, what the lens did. So far, this is here favorite shot of the last year - her beloved Sophie. Then, I was told, that I should have had the camera before the ZoZo pased away (Sophie's partner in crime), since she does not have pictures like this now of Zoe.

Win some, Loose some - but I think I'll probably keep this and see how it goes. In time I'll probably find another 80-320 and pick that up, or look for something that goes to 400.

The extra 100mm does make a difference.
Attached Images

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2007, 8:06 PM   #2

Love those eyes!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 11:18 PM   #3

That first shot of Sophie, those eyes, beautiful.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 11:19 PM   #4

Well at 5 months Sophie went to a family up in Montana. They returned her saying that she was an escape artist. Then she went to a family in Oregon, and they sent her back after a week, saying that she was not good with children. Her breeder asked if we could keep her to see how she did with the boys (9 and 11 at that time). She was wonderful. Then another lady wanted her, but sent her back, not liking her "attitude". So Judy, the breeder asked if we would want her, since Sophie had adopted Greg, our youngest - so Greg had a dog. Sophie, had a problem, it turns out - with tall men - it took her 5 years to sit on my lap. Now 8 years later, she still barks at me, and then jumps on my lap after I sit down.

Funny - now that the boys are 6' 3", my height, it's only me, she barks at. I think that the husband up in Montana probably kicked her. But she is Queen of the house. She chases the boys off to bed at night. Makes the rounds patrolling the house a couple of times at night. Keeps my wife's feet warm in bed. When she thinks I am asleep, she sneaks up and cleans my ears.

Her partner in crime, the Zozo, passed away very unexpectedly several years ago (broke my wife's heart), so now she keeps an eye on the Zozo daughters (all 4 of them, who are 4, 5 and 6 now) like an doting aunt, and follows my wife everywhere around the house. She did some how, open the dining room door and get out, and my wife went frantic, then a few minutes later, my wife - after going around the neighborhood, found her at the door wanting back in. IGs – Italian Greyhounds (sight hounds), usually take off after a rabbit and then 5 miles later, can't find their way back home.

She use to (and still does) want a spoon full of ice cream every night – however, now she is lactose intolerant, and at 8 pounds, she now get her peptic pill once a day – along with her "special" cookie – she is spoiled rotten.

I don't know what we would do with out her….

--------------

So the lesson here is that, now with the 300, I can take pictures of the IGgy pack from afar, and make portraits for my wife of the "mob".

Attached Images

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 12:03 AM   #5

A wonderful tale to go along with such nice pictures. It's a good lesson to learn - just because oneperson doesn't like a particular dog doesn't mean that the dog is terrible, just that the person was wrong for that one.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote