Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:20 PM   #11

I haven't used my zx7 since 12/05 ...after I purchased my dl. If I ever get around to it, I plan on listing it & other unused stuff on Ebay.

Bruce, would you mind (upon her approval, of course) forwarding me that lady's address? My brother just asked me last nite to ask the forum population about qualified repair techs. He has an old ME Super that he has been having probs with & would like to get fixed. If I'm not mistaken, I believe someone else recently got introduced to a retired Pentax employee who works on film cameras as a hobby. If anyone remembers reading this thread OR who knows of anyone that they would reccommend, I would appreciate it. My address is in my profile.

Thanks as always!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:37 AM   #12

I have two film bodies I'll keep for sweet memories. But I haven't even finished the rolls that were in them (and still are)when I bought my DS inNovember 2005.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 6:34 AM   #13

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
I have two film bodies I'll keep for sweet memories. But I haven't even finished the rolls that were in them (and still are)when I bought my DS inNovember 2005.

Kjell
Kjell,

You are bad. I had two rolls of film done for the Zenitar at full frame and that was 3 months ago. Still have 10 rolls of Reala film in my fridge. Just had no time

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 7:10 AM   #14

sold my k-1000 with 4 pentax primes to finance purchasing an s602 and have not looked back. except i've now re-acquired 3 of the primes (two of them in faster versions). was going to say i'd never shoot film again but then remembered the old 4x5 field camera my dad gave me that's in the basement waiting to be repaired. if i ever get it fixed i might get some polaroid film for it.

eric
ejbrusselsprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 7:13 AM   #15

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Still have my ZX-L & SMCX FA 28-80mm lens; Have not used it since Dec '05 when I purchased the DL. Still have 5 rolls of Fuji slide film in the refrigerator as well! I also had a ZX-30 but was able to sell it on e-bay. I plan to hang on to my ZX-L so that 20 years from now I canshow it to the grandkids! Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 8:26 AM   #16

Film... YES - mostly slide (Velvia 50) and B&W. I don't photograph with our point & shoot film camera anymore, but the we will be taking the ME and the K100d on vacation this summer (two bodies; one set of lenses :?). My wife takes more film exposures than me (she's used the ME regularly since the 80's, when her dad bought it), and she's warming up to the K100d. I recently bought an MX with a 50mm F1.7 so we can take a B&W photography / developing course together this fall.

I doubt we'll ever take a roll of colour print film again, but slide and B&W print will be shot by us as long as they're available and the cameras are serviceable.
thePrisoner6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 1:04 PM   #17

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/img]I still do shoot some film, when I went digital I kept a few film bodies around.

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/img]Film is currently enjoying a mini renaissance.
The local shops say they have been selling more and more 120 film over the few last months.

Seems a lot of pros are making the jump back to film too at least partially, partly because depending on emulsion it gives a very different look and feel to the images than everyone else.
Digital images seem to have a sameness to them.

Also the cost of high end film equipment is way down, since everyone was dumping it:-) so you can get some top end stuff for very little outlay :idea:

With todays relatively inexpensive scanners you can scan a 2 1/4 inch slide on a 4000 dpi slide or 6400dpi flat-bed high dmax scanner and see the whopping file you get out of it.

The drawback is you do have to slow down to get each shot right and not just blast away (it would cost a fortune in film and developing), and if you don't know what you are doing there is no LCD for immediate feedback.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:35 PM   #18

wadue wrote:
Quote:
I haven't used my zx7 since 12/05 ...after I purchased my dl. If I ever get around to it, I plan on listing it & other unused stuff on Ebay.

Bruce, would you mind (upon her approval, of course) forwarding me that lady's address? My brother just asked me last nite to ask the forum population about qualified repair techs. He has an old ME Super that he has been having probs with & would like to get fixed. If I'm not mistaken, I believe someone else recently got introduced to a retired Pentax employee who works on film cameras as a hobby. If anyone remembers reading this thread OR who knows of anyone that they would reccommend, I would appreciate it. My address is in my profile.

Thanks as always!

Ron
Ron,

I have an e-mail in to the woman in question--As soon as I hear from her I'll post her reply..

Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:45 PM   #19

PeterP wrote:
Quote:
[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/img]I still do shoot some film, when I went digital I kept a few film bodies around.

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/img]Film is currently enjoying a mini renaissance.
The local shops say they have been selling more and more 120 film over the few last months.

Seems a lot of pros are making the jump back to film too at least partially, partly because depending on emulsion it gives a very different look and feel to the images than everyone else.
Digital images seem to have a sameness to them.

Also the cost of high end film equipment is way down, since everyone was dumping it:-) so you can get some top end stuff for very little outlay :idea:

With todays relatively inexpensive scanners you can scan a 2 1/4 inch slide on a 4000 dpi slide or 6400dpi flat-bed high dmax scanner and see the whopping file you get out of it.

The drawback is you do have to slow down to get each shot right and not just blast away (it would cost a fortune in film and developing), and if you don't know what you are doing there is no LCD for immediate feedback.

Peter.
Hey Peter

Any suggestions as to medium format cameras??--I've always wanted to experiment with medium format--If I get into the B & W film class I'd like to try my hand at B & W with a medium format camera

I cannot remember the Japanese photographers name, but he published a coffee table-sized book of photographs of the Himilaya Mountains back in the 1970's--Stunning images taken with the Pentax 6x7 camera--Seeing that book made me want to try a Pentax 6x7 for myself!!

I'd want to keep the budget low until I decided how much I liked it..

Bruce
Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:49 PM   #20

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
LOL, Yeah... I actually bought a Pentax ME Super along with a couple lenses and hoped to shoot a couple rolls, but it never came. Just filed a Paypal dispute today.
Hey Nick

I hope that the dispute with the seller over the ME Super is resolved in your favor--Good luck in getting a film camera!!

Bruce