Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:46 PM   #21

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
wadue wrote:
Quote:
I haven't used my zx7 since 12/05 ...after I purchased my dl. If I ever get around to it, I plan on listing it & other unused stuff on Ebay.

Bruce, would you mind (upon her approval, of course) forwarding me that lady's address? My brother just asked me last nite to ask the forum population about qualified repair techs. He has an old ME Super that he has been having probs with & would like to get fixed. If I'm not mistaken, I believe someone else recently got introduced to a retired Pentax employee who works on film cameras as a hobby. If anyone remembers reading this thread OR who knows of anyone that they would reccommend, I would appreciate it. My address is in my profile.

Thanks as always!

Ron
Ron,

I have an e-mail in to the woman in question--As soon as I hear from her I'll post her reply..

Bruce
Hi Ron

I just heard back from her..

Her name is Judy Bienvenu..

You cane-mail her at [email protected]

Put Camera Repair Question in the subject line..

Mention that you heard about her through me, Bruce Mattes, on Steve's Digicams..

Her rates seem reasonable to me considering what is involved in adjusting the focal plane shutter, etc. in a SLR..

Good luck with your brother's camera..

Bruce

baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:57 PM   #22

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/img]The Pentax 6*7 and 645 were/are great cameras!

There are a lot of Bronicas & Mamyas being sold off cheep or even dumped because the owners could not get a decent price for them. If you can find someone who still has one they might even give it away

Worst I've seen on eBay is a Hassy 500 with back and 80 lens go for under 500$ not sure of its condition
If you poke around eBay there are a lot of MF camera kits listing in the 500$-900$ range.
The Horror when you think what these cost just a few years ago

For film Kodak just re-introduced the Portra line with a new re-formulated emulsion, Fuji has several types available and Ilford is back with new people running the show.

Not sure how long the rekindled interest will last but it can make for a bit of fun in the meanwhile.

Peter.

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 9:59 PM   #23

Bruce, Thanks for the fast response!!!! I'll get with my brother tomorrow & get the specifics of his problems & shoot her an e-mail.

Man, I love this forum!!! Lots of great people!!! I haven't met a Pentax owner yet that I didn't like! I think I might have to change my avatar to that!!:G

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:08 PM   #24

I haven't shot film in a number of years, although I have a few rolls of Fuji taking up space in my fridge, and have been getting an itch lately.

I will never sell my Canon AE-1 and 50mm f1.4 lens. I may someday part with the remainder of my film equipment (Canon A-1, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f2.8, 70-210 f4, Vivitar Series 1 28-90, winders, flash, teleconverter).

After years of using push-pull zooms, I still find the 2 ring zooms awkward when using manual focus.

Chris

p.s. I miss my split focus screen.

silverstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 7:31 AM   #25

To Everyone

I don't think I was clear in the fact that Judy Bienvenu repairs many brands of cameras, not just Pentax..

Please contact her at [email protected] if you have a camera repair question..

Bruce
Old Jul 11, 2007, 7:37 AM   #26

Actually going to try my hand at some B&W film photography. Just picked up a K1000 on e-bay and I already have a number 0f lens for it.

Should be interesting to see how this works out.
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 8:03 AM   #27

Well, I might be shooting a couple of rolls real soon. The guy that I bought the MESuper from just informed me that his computer crashed (this is the 2nd likely excuse from him) and that he will be shipping it to me today. On top of that, he also refundedme all my money. So I can't really complain.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 8:31 AM   #28

Are there any decent camera stores in the Columbia or Orangeburg area?
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 8:32 AM   #29

Actually next trime I go snorkeling... I have a Canon A1 semi under water 16 ft about as far as most can.... and been in the fridge for several years and power loss hurricanes, all WELL out of date.

Might as well if any of it is still worth anything.

The cam itself is quite nice very WIDE in air and still wide UW.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:33 AM   #30

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
Well, I might be shooting a couple of rolls real soon. The guy that I bought the MESuper from just informed me that his computer crashed (this is the 2nd likely excuse from him) and that he will be shipping it to me today. On top of that, he also refundedme all my money. So I can't really complain.
Good Luck!!

Especially If you actually get a working ME Super for free!!

Bruce