Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 9, 2007, 4:24 PM   #1

Earlier today I traded an older metal-bodied K1000 w/ M 50mm f2 lens,and several older Tamron Adaptall zoom lenses for the following:

1. Pentax MX film cameraw/ batteries & body cap

2. smcP-M 50mm f2 lens, front & rear lens caps

2. Pentax MX Winder w/ 4 new Energizer Industrial AA akaline batteries

3. Two spare Energizer EPX76 silver oxide camera batteries

4. Pentax Rubber Eyecup

5. Camera Strap

6. Future cash or trade

I made the trade with a woman here in southern Maryland whodoes camera repair for a living..She has been in business for 25 years, and regularly has cameras that she has cleaned & repaired for sale on e-Bay..

I met her initally by inquiring about an MX that she had for sale on e-Bay several weeks ago..Uponseeing that she was local, we started e-mailing back & forth as I asked her questions concerning the work that she performs..

This correspondence eventually led to the trade which was consumated today..The camera & winder have recieved her full attention--seals replaced, cleaned, lubricatred, shutter timing adjusted, etc..

I will be using the camera this week for my Photographing Baltimore's Architecture class, along with the K10D..I can't wait!!

Anyway, how many on this forum are still using film??..How often??..Care to share any recent film experiences with us??

Bruce

P.S.-- Hey Gazander, did you ever decide on the film body that you want??

P.P.S.-- The community college through which I am currently enrolled in several non-creditphotography classes, also has a for-credit course for B & W film photography..I will be looking into signing up for this course in the near future for two reasons..

First, it will force me to slow down and to focus on the basics of composition so as to get the shot "RIGHT" before pushing the shutter release..Second, it will give me access to a fully equiped wet darkroom, keeping the costs down to tuition, film, & paper..
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2007, 5:30 PM   #2

I gave up film about 5 years ago all together, I still have the old body and lenses and don't plan on selling them, but hardly plan to ever use them either. The day to day costs are way more, especially now with a little kid, I've probably taken roughly 8000 pictures of her in the last 2 years!
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2007, 5:34 PM   #3

NOPE, sold both bodies and i aint never going to look back...
anybody want a ca*** AE-1 ??

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2007, 6:29 PM   #4

robar wrote:
Quote:
anybody want a ca*** AE-1 ??

roy
Giving it away? I'll take it...:-) Have never used a film SLR, wouldn't mind giving it a try if the price is right.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2007, 6:43 PM   #5

nick,
give me a break, huh
`it'll go ebay eventually

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2007, 7:04 PM   #6

LOL, Yeah... I actually bought a Pentax ME Super along with a couple lenses and hoped to shoot a couple rolls, but it never came. Just filed a Paypal dispute today.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2007, 7:52 PM   #7

I have a Nikon N90 that my father left me when he passed last year. I haven't used it yet though, been shooting with my DL and K10. I've thought of buying a Pentax film body off and on the last couple months. You can get them dirt cheap at KEH and on Ebay and most of my lenses will fit but I don't know. One of these days I might just to have one.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2007, 8:46 PM   #8

I still have my original ME and Lenses and quite honestly, i have no desire To even take it out of the Bag. However, I Will Never part with It.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2007, 9:18 PM   #9

i have3 film camera

my original K1000, a newer Pentax which i bought just for the lens and my Kodak Retina

i have black and white film in the K1000 and the Retina and shoot it every now and then

but it is really hard to find somewhere to get the film developed over here
i have 2 rolls sitting waiting till i find somewhere
and no i dont intend developing it myself been there done that

so i do shoot film now and then but not often
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2007, 9:24 PM   #10

I still use my MZ-S and LX every once and a while just to see what DR can really do.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote