Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:11 PM   #11

Spiritbro77 wrote:
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:22 PM   #12

The Slingshot 200 can hold quite a bit of equipment, as much as I could carry weight-wise. The 300 is way too big for me (being a small female) - I considered it when it looked like my local camera store was out of the 200 and I was ready to buy.

Here's mine tonight - going from the lower left - M 50mm 1.7 lens sitting on an unseen extension tube (that started out life as a K 2x TC), above it a Takumar 135mm 2.5 (K-mount version), in the middle is the A*300, on the right is a K100 with a Phoenix 100mm macro lens mounted on it. The open space at the top is where the K10 and the kit lens had been shortly before I took the picture. In the top pocket (not opened) is a small spiral notebook, a rocket blower and room for munchies when I'm hiking. The front of the case (unseen) is another pocket that has two extra cards,2 sets of extrabatteries for the K100, circular polarizer, small lens/camera cleaning kit and a pen. I could put another filter in it, but instead carry the (normally) empty case for the Phoenix matched adaptor. So it holds on a regular basis: 2 cameras, 5 lenses and a variety of other accessories. Do you think it would be big enough for your stuff?
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:26 PM   #13

I'm thinking about the idea of the kit lens and the Sigma 70-300 APO. The gap doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal, and the extra reach would be nice. How does image quality compare between the Pentax 50-200, and the Sigma 70-300 APO? I also looked at the Pentax 77mm as an option instead of the 50mm, but there is a pretty large price difference. So I think for lenses it is the kit lens, the 50mm, and then one of the 2 zoom lenses.

I held the Samsung version of the K10D with a battery grip on it, and didn't like the feel as much. Maybe if I started doing a lot of portrait photography, but just for everyday use I don't think I would like the feel.
Mcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:31 PM   #14

Thanks for thedetails on the Slingshot 200, I think that sounds about perfect for what I would need.
Mcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:39 PM   #15

Spiritbro77 wrote:
Quote:
I've been using the Pentax 50-200 lens on occasion as a portrait lens. Depending on the setting it's pretty good. And the 50mm f1.4 you mentioned getting is a really good lens for portraits.
Just geting to know the 50-200mm, but actually sort of disappointed in the the FA 50mm 1.4.... and assuming thit is the one you meant especially for portraiture where fast AF is generally not critical.... go for a less costly used A 50 1.4 instead.... over all I find it a much better (even the A 1.7) than the FA 1.4..... maybe I got a poor copy of the FA 1.4,,, while it is not horriby, but noticeably inferior to the old A version, OTHER than the need for speed/convenience of the AF.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:31 AM   #16

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Spiritbro77 wrote:
Quote:
I've been using the Pentax 50-200 lens on occasion as a portrait lens. Depending on the setting it's pretty good. And the 50mm f1.4 you mentioned getting is a really good lens for portraits.
Just geting to know the 50-200mm, but actually sort of disappointed in the the FA 50mm 1.4.... and assuming thit is the one you meant especially for portraiture where fast AF is generally not critical.... go for a less costly used A 50 1.4 instead.... over all I find it a much better (even the A 1.7) than the FA 1.4..... maybe I got a poor copy of the FA 1.4,,, while it is not horriby, but noticeably inferior to the old A version, OTHER than the need for speed/convenience of the AF.

Hmmmmm I don't have the A version of the 1.4 or 1.7 so I don't know. I do have theA 2.0 50mm though and the FA is WAY sharper. I havent had any troubles with my 1.4 The DOF is very shallow so you have to watch that, otherwise its been a very nice lens for me. Just my opinion though, sorry yours isn't up to snuff.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote