Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:59 PM   #1

The other day a local road was closed off because of the arrival of an 18 foot high transformer. Yesterday something else closed the road - the arrival of a bunch of these:
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:59 PM   #2

Why would a couple of cans of hair spray close the road? This might give a hint:
Attached Images

Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:01 AM   #3

The first two pictures were taken with the K10 and the A*300 on a grey day. This last one was taken with the K100 and the kit lens. They aren't your usual cans of hair spray, unless you happen to be a transformer, I guess.
Attached Images

Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:14 AM   #4

Unbelievable, can you you trust everthing you see in a picture :lol:
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 7:12 AM   #5

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:49 AM   #6

America, America...:-):-)

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:07 PM   #7

Hey mtgal

Those cans of Hairspray hairspray remind me of something that happened back in the early 1980's..

Are you familiar with Rainer Beer??..

I used to live in a small town in western Washington state..

One summer the ad agency for Rainer Brewing chose to shoot part of a commercial in our town..

Rainer Beer used to use these huge plastic beer bottles on their sides with two guys inside running around as The Wild Rainers in their beer commercials..

One of the guys living in town knew someone working for the brewery, & he was told that the bottle caps to these props were seperate from the beer bottle body..

So he made a giant 4 ft. long bottle key..When the producerwasn't looking during a dry run, he raced through the woods chasing the two guys in the prop (who had no idea anything wrong was going on)..

The producer & half of his staffwere screaming at him the whole time..The other half were laughing so hard they could hardly stand..

He got in front of the bottle prop & managed to pry the cap off of the prop, & ran away through the woods to where he had stashed his truck..

He left town for about three weeks until the cops stopped coming around to ask everyone who the mysterious guy who stole the bottle cap was..The cops thought it was hilarious..

The key & the cap had a place of honor on his cabin wall for someyears afterwards..

BTW I met John Waters once when the shop I worked for delivered a custom-made iron table to his house here in Baltimore..

Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 5:51 PM   #8

Kjell - I was going to say that it isn't so much "America, America" as it is "Hollywood, Hollywood" or in this case"Los Angeles, Los Angeles." Then I read Bruce's tale of the 4 foot long bottle key and thought you might have it right, after all!

While I prefer open spaces to cramped urban spots, I have to admit that Los Angeles always has something interesting going on somewhere.

For anyone that is confused - they were setting up for the premiere of John Travolta's new movie, Hair Spray, at the same theater where they premiered the movie the Transformers recently.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 8:36 AM   #9

Our problem locally was a horse of a different colour (and what came out of that horse ;-) )

Yesterdays aftermath:
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 8:58 AM   #10

LOL! Where are the folks with the pooper scoopers when you need them?