Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:25 PM   #11

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots/shells.

If I have to pick a favourite then its nr3. It has got the most color (imho) of the bunch.

Ronny
Agreed, number 3 for me is wonderful.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2007, 2:06 AM   #12

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots/shells.

If I have to pick a favourite then its nr3. It has got the most color (imho) of the bunch.

Ronny
Thanks Ronny. and I agree.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2007, 2:09 AM   #13

wadue wrote:
Quote:
Very cool series, Dawg! Just curious ...which lens did ya use?

Thanks for sharing!
Ron
Ron I used a Vivitar 80-200mm lens. It is very good at most shots and about 1/3 lighter than the Vivitar series one. The only draw back to it is it is a tad slower at f/4.5.

Dawg
Old Jul 20, 2007, 2:10 AM   #14

Rodney9 wrote:
Quote:
rhermans wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots/shells.

Ronny
Agreed, number 3 for me is wonderful.
Thanks Rodney.

Dawg
Old Jul 21, 2007, 5:26 PM   #15

Those are some nice shots Dawg, finding them under the porch is certainly easier than combing the beach! I have some similar shots from vacation two weeks ago, I am still slowly working through converting them to jpeg.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2007, 7:52 PM   #16

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Those are some nice shots Dawg, finding them under the porch is certainly easier than combing the beach! I have some similar shots from vacation two weeks ago, I am still slowly working through converting them to jpeg.

Tim
I know I should shoot in Raw but am having so much Faster fun with Jpeg right now I wouldn't do it....Shot over 4000 on vacation and wouldn't really like having to convert them all.

Dawg
Old Jul 21, 2007, 8:02 PM   #17

Quote:
I know I should shoot in Raw but am having so much Faster fun with Jpeg right now I wouldn't do it....Shot over 4000 on vacation and wouldn't really like having to convert them all.

Dawg
Tell me about it! I mainly use jpeg. Every once in awhile I decide that I will be a real digital photographer and use RAW. I then spend hours trying to convert RAW files into jpegs that will look at least as good as the K100 would have produced in the first place. I am about done converting and that should be enough to keep me from playing with RAW for another month or two.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:05 PM   #18

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dawg
Tell me about it! I mainly use jpeg. Every once in awhile I decide that I will be a real digital photographer and use RAW. I then spend hours trying to convert RAW files into jpegs that will look at least as good as the K100 would have produced in the first place. I am about done converting and that should be enough to keep me from playing with RAW for another month or two.

Tim
Take this the right way now...LOL My Dad used to say a fool is the person that keeps making the same mistake over and over but expecting different results each time. LOL I will one day shoot in RAW all the time, but it will be after it becomes the norm instead of the exception and the hardware (computers) and software have caught up to that norm. In the meantime I'll still play the fool at least once a month or so.

Dawg