Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:04 PM   #1

Hi All,

Saw this on another forum -- The first DA* zooms will be released in Japan starting late this month, and the DA*50-135 will be released July 27, with the DA* 16-50 coming August 11. This is from a press release on the Pentax Japan site.

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl...07/200758.html

So far nothing about other countries, but at least we know that they're pretty much coming on schedule. . .

Hopefully they'll be true to their word that they delayed the introduction to allow their world-side warehouses to be able to better supply the demand, and the American release announcement will soon follow.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:37 PM   #2

Yesterday (before the announcement) I asked my local camera shop (that's holding my deposit) about making a trip down to the Credit Union, and they indicated that I could safely wait until next week before I'dneed the money. Sounds like they are expecting them in by the following week (hope, hope).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:05 PM   #3

Hi Harriet,

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. You're getting the 50-135 IIRC. I'm looking forward to your impressions on both the K10 and K100 bodies, as I'm pretty sure that I want this lens, and would be using it on both the DS and K10. I'm sure that you'll let us know as soon as you hear from you dealer. . . I'm pretty excited!

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:16 PM   #4

Yes - I'm getting the 50-135, basically to replace my faulty 50-200, and to have something faster. This coming week just can't go by fast enough for me, and I'll post samples when I get it (assuming that it all works out OK).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:38 AM   #5

I'll be interested in your opinion about it as well. In particular how sharp it is wide open. I'm seriously thinking of opening the old wallet for this one.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote