Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:47 PM   #1

Heard some gossip

New Pentax camera

19 megapixel, 24x30 sensor.

Thats all I heard.

also... the "K10D super" will have faster fps, 5fps.

Hopefully this is accurate.

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2007, 7:42 AM   #2

So when I finally grit my teeth to buy the 10D super I might have something like THAT looming in the background? Man, I gotta get a second job
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2007, 8:15 AM   #3

to late now i got the 10D
i wonder how much it will be

i had heard a few months back from a fellow Pentax user over here
who is way more professional than me (i was at one of his exhibitions)
that a full frame sensor was in the planning
but this was before the K10D was on the market and he wasnt sure if to get a 10D when it came out, or wait for the full frame to get the most use from his 14mm
it was the first i had heard of it so i wasnt putting to much faith in it
it seems maybe he knew something i didnt

Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2007, 6:04 PM   #4

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Heard some gossip

New Pentax camera

19 megapixel, 24x30 sensor.

Thats all I heard.

also... the "K10D super" will have faster fps, 5fps.

Hopefully this is accurate.

If it indeed does come out with a 5fps camera. I will be the first inline for that. Guess I will hold out a bit longer for that to possibly come out.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 9:52 PM   #5

That sounds interesting Crash. Was this a reliable confidential informant with a good track record or merely an anonymous tip? :-)

I am sure the 19mp camera will be out of my price range if Pentax were to bring one out. I wonder how (or if) this relates to the digital 645.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 10:28 PM   #6

Personally, I have no problems with companies releasing new cameras each year. It is to be expected in this day of corporate greed.

However, I do think it is a very bogus practice for a company to one year release the K10D and then the next year release it all over again as a K10D Super with the fixes and issues fixed.

As I have said before, dealing with Pentax before the launch of the K10D with thier lack of information on shipping, their lack of response about the image sharpness issues that some of us have as well as other issues that have been brought up. Has already left me totally turned off to Pentax and if they do indeed release a "K10D Super" it will be a very cold day in hell before I ever touch another of their products.

The least they could do is call it the K20D and not be such shit-heads about the whole thing.

You all can disagree all you like about this and the sharpness issue. However, it would not have killed them to add an edge sharpening option in one of the firmware upgrades that could either be set like the current sharpening or turned off (for those that don't like sharp JPG images). It wouldn't have killed them one bit. Just like it wouldn't have killed them one bit to at least say we have had some issues, the ship date has been pushed back a month instead of letting all of the rumors fly. Disagreeing is you right, it doesn't make you right it just means you have the freedom to be wrong.

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 12:57 AM   #7

If the K10D super is 5fps, it would be worth it for me to upgrade my K100D to it. This weekend was the first time that my K100D failed to take the pictures that I wanted because of the camera was too slow and not enough memory buffer. Mainly the memory buffer was not enough because I took a picture of someone jumping off a bridge into a river and was only able to get 3 shots and the camera had to slow down.

I guess we all just have to wait and see.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 1:06 AM   #8

Tim, He even mentioned the problems they had the with the sensor size and how had to to go with 24x30 as the other sensor was TOO wide.As a comparison the K10D's sensor is 23.5 x 15.7.

Further, that the testcamera was in the US at the moment. Price was believed to bedouble or triplethat of the K10D, he quantified that by saying the original price of the K100 and K10D were a lot higher than final release price.

Look a the price of the

Canon EOS 5D 12.8mp ($2500US)

Canon EOS-1Ds MkII 16.7mp ($7000US)

Nikon D2Xs 12.4mp ($4200US)

and you will see that the Pentax 19mp will be alot cheaper.

I think his information is good and about 80% accurateas things change regularly in the world of technology.

I am assuming the camera he is talking about in NOT the 645D, but the more I look at the sensor size, the more I think it might be.

Time will tell.

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
That sounds interesting Crash. Was this a reliable confidential informant with a good track record or merely an anonymous tip? :-)

I am sure the 19mp camera will be out of my price range if Pentax were to bring one out. I wonder how (or if) this relates to the digital 645.

Tim
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote