Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 22, 2007, 9:48 PM   #1

I have been trying to locate one of these lenses for about 4 months now with zero success..

Does anyone on the forum know if this lens has actually been produced in a Pentax mount??

They seem to be almost as rare as the FA 200mm f4 Macro ED IF..

Thanks, Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2007, 11:39 PM   #2

Hi Bruce,

I think that the DG model, and just about all the models for the mount are being delayed for the release of final production DA* zooms so the AF protocols can be reverse engineered to be incorporated into HSM models for Sigma. This is just a guess on my part, but I think it makes sense -- Sigma could become the preferred mfg for a lot of Pentax owners by introducing a whole line of HSM lenses for the mount, making them the "top of the line" for those wanting lenses with onboard motors.

Personally, If I were in the market for a long dedicated macro, I'd probably at least try the pre-DG, and if I didn't run into any digital ghosts (the majority of problems with non-digital optimized lenses seem to be a central light spot on some exposures, with some lenses, usually with flash), then I'd just stick with it, doing a lot of testing before the return deadline. It depends on just how you work, but most seem to prefer MF for macro work, so the AF performance is usually not a top priority.

But of course, YMMV.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2007, 11:54 PM   #3

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
I have been trying to locate one of these lenses for about 4 months now with zero success..

Does anyone on the forum know if this lens has actually been produced in a Pentax mount??

They seem to be almost as rare as the FA 200mm f4 Macro ED IF..

Thanks,* Bruce
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=19212933

It was in production and like all autofocus Pentax (or equivalent), all out of stock.

I recall I was looking at that direction before I got my FA100mm macro 2.8

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 7:02 PM   #4

Interesting question, I had wondered the same thing. Scott's theory seems to make sense, hopefully Sigma is waiting to unleash a slew of HSM lenses for Pentax.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 7:45 PM   #5

Thank you Scott & Daniel

What are the choices in non-digital 150-200mm macro lenses for Pentax??

Other then the extremely rare FA 200mm f4 Macro ED IF??

I only asked about the Sigma as it seems to be the only choice near the 200mm focal length currently being manufactured..

Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote