Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 31, 2007, 8:28 AM   #21

Very majestic shot!..That is so cool how his wing tips are..I have never seen that before.
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 1:28 PM   #22

Trojansoc,

Keep on shooting and posting. I look forward to your pictures.

I know the feeling when I see a great picture...usually I wish I had taken that. The Eagle fly-by has to be one of the best pictures I've seen in many a year.

I have a buddy who takes magnificant pictures- just tremendous.

When I compare my pictures to his, mine are certainly ...wanting.

But I regard his pictures as something to aspire to, for me anyway. Actually I've learned a lot from him...where/ how he positions himself..the fact that he uses RAW...shutter speed...use of mono and /or tripod.

That's one of the things I enjoy about photography...there's always the chance to refine what I do.

The great thing about digital photography for me..is that I can see...immediately how it came out.

The next thing on my list of things to do is how to figure out to post pictures on websites. Not being too computer literate this will be a challenge.

Les

lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 2:03 PM   #23

A shot to be proud of, Don! Congratulations

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 3:39 PM   #24

Six people at work have stepped on my lower jaw since I saw this photo, I need to get it off the floor. Absolutely amazing!
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 7:34 PM   #25

Thanks Lisa Kjell, and Cybercoyote!

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 7:40 PM   #26

Trojansoc. I ditto exactly what Les says here. When I started photography, I ventured into this forum, and was blown away by what I saw, and said to myself, that's what I want to be able to do. Normcar who very rarely is seen on this forum anymore, was one of my main inspirers, along with Jake, Mike (buzzsaw), and lots of others I've not mentioned. They really got my drive going to get into this. It ain't cheap, I won't lie there...lenses are the expensive part for the best results...not the body. But there are also some good lenses available that won't break the bank to get going. If you ever want advice, just ask. It's free here, and many are willing to help...cheers........Don

lesmore49 wrote:
Quote:
Trojansoc,

Keep on shooting and posting. I look forward to your pictures.

I know the feeling when I see a great picture...usually I wish I had taken that. The Eagle fly-by has to be one of the best pictures I've seen in many a year.

I have a buddy who takes magnificant pictures- just tremendous.

When I compare my pictures to his, mine are certainly ...wanting.

But I regard his pictures as something to aspire to, for me anyway. Actually I've learned a lot from him...where/ how he positions himself..the fact that he uses RAW...shutter speed...use of mono and /or tripod.

That's one of the things I enjoy about photography...there's always the chance to refine what I do.

The great thing about digital photography for me..is that I can see...immediately how it came out.

The next thing on my list of things to do is how to figure out to post pictures on websites. Not being too computer literate this will be a challenge.

Les

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 8:32 PM   #27

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Sometimes, even though it is nice to get some great shots, it is even better just watch the scenery, and leave the camera alone.

I find that I cannot always appreciate the event if I have the camera to my eye.

Darren
First of all, great shot Don, it took me a moment to figure out how low the eagle was to the ground and I was puzzled by the angle of the shot. You certainly got the best of that opportunity.

Darren, I know what you mean. Lately I have been trying to remind myself that just because I have the camera with me does not mean I have to constantly be taking pictures. It is nice to have memories that were not viewed through a 2:3 viewfinder.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 11:14 PM   #28

My problem was thatI was so surprised to see the coyote steaking through the yard (I live in the middle of a small subdivision and have neighbors close by) in daylight (granted it was around 7 am or so) that it never occurred to me to put the camera up to take the picture. That and I was trying to figure out if it really was a cat - it almost looked to big but wasn't shaped like a dog. The fellow was long done by the time I thought to grab the camera to take a picture.

And yes, there are times when it is just fun to experience the moment without looking through the viewfinder.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote