Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 3, 2007, 1:02 AM   #21

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Great shot Hayward.

Hey Kjell, how about this one:

A teacher at work.

Ira
Interesting! I'll spend the rest of my life wondering what he was teaching. Relative humidity in the 50's?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 1:05 AM   #22

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:

I would not want Ira, Hayward and Lyric making this thread more interesting than what it should be.
Hunh???? you really think your shot was truly that boring???

Mine was a darn shower head and a little interesting background light, yours was just a light pole?...] no it was far more than that,,,. it was the rest of it and most importantly the whole and how shot.... like someone early on... yours almost llooked like a sewing/weaving machine MACRO.... BTW how did that wire end up was it indeed woven into a single strand?

Potentialy it was but but how captured it was unique... and not saying 10 scale photo of mine but I THINK your intent of this thread was how can a n otherwise totaly BORING subject actually be interesting..... NO?

And you succeeded at that quite well!!!!

You did wel Daniel (and someof the hoity toity gospel might dismiss, you maybe made a lot of photo dogmatic gospel reconsider.

PLUS kicked off spntanianiously generateted thread unlike any I I have seen here in quite some time... vs everything is perfection BS.... actualy asking maybe headstrong photogs to look at the mundane normaly dismissed.

AND in IMHO opinion that defines a photographer.... not just always looking (and needs to be a non distracted effort).... but actually seeing it coming (or where they are) far enough in advance to make it unusually creative and exposed as well.

You kicked off further contribution very well, (and remarkably devoid of the dogmatic BS often here) never have doubt of that... even if thought your pole shot meaningless.... again really just right place and right sight MORE than anything else, I hope you wil never feel; demeaned here..

Personally I hate shooting with anyone who isn't a photog themselves and concentrating on same... vs just distractiing small talk from some one not... missed lots of shotgs that way

Personally I hope this might go on to be a 1000 images post lthread likely it will not, because like you thought you did NOTHING.... but actually kicked off ssomething quite special, there will be the dogmatic to shout you down... you believe that of yourself or not., hopefully you will and follow your heart.

You made some DOGMA people actuall for a few moments THINK... who might not otherwise think of ordinary things in EXTRAordinary ways.... just everything mainstream MS/Intel is all well and good.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 4:12 AM   #23

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Cool topic and great additions!* I have three that I took a while ago (one that I know I posted here) that would fit this category, but it's such a fun one, I'll see if I can't take something new.* I'm feeling really uninspired at the moment.
Harriet,

To start off is not that difficult. Addition of more mundane shots is.
Because you will be worrying if your shot is uninspiring or so so or technically lousy. Or you feel embarrased. We all face it on a daily basis.
I did similiar topic in another thread

But the subject that I put in was about 'keyboard packed with germs'

Huh we are getting into a very interesting subject of finding great pict of a everyday mundane subject and above all (and most importantly ) presenting it. Trust me it takes courage and confidence

Daniel , Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 3:12 AM   #24

And you are still in denial of what you acrtually started

It's not about a truly boring shot but how can the normally/otherwise borring actually be interesting (at least I thinnk that was your intent).... you kickeed the whole thiong of greatly.... I actually had to think about a few days shots to come up with mine.... maqybe you really tink you just shot a light pole... but it was so much more than that.

Daniel you did real good and started one on the most creative thread's I've seen here in a while!!!

Wish more in the end had contributed :?

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 3:54 AM   #25

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Great shot Hayward.

A teacher at work.

Ira
Interesting! I'll spend the rest of my life wondering what he was teaching. Relative humidity in the 50's?

Kjell
I have received a PM from Hayward telling me it's sad I don't understand the picture or the subject on the board (unsure of which).

To make it more clear: I find your picture very interesting, Ira. It's very well composed, the BW adds a lot, the teacher really looks very intelligent which is underlined by the formulas and diagrams on the board. The picture conveys a great respect for and confidence in school, teaching and knowledge. It's absolutely inspiring, a challenge to try to get something from the school environment myself.

And of course I can identify a diagram describing the correlation coefficient between temperature and something, but still I have no clue to what the overall subject actually is.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 4:30 AM   #26

Quote:
bilybianca wrote:

Kjell
I did not know that Ira is that old? More like the pict was taken in the 80s. If that was taken in the 50s he had to be born in the 30s.
:blah:

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 6:13 AM   #27

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Great shot Hayward.

A teacher at work.

Ira

Kjell
I have received a PM from Hayward telling me it's sad I don't understand the picture or the subject on the board (unsure of which).

To make it more clear: I find your picture very interesting, Ira. It's very well composed, the BW adds a lot, the teacher really looks very intelligent which is underlined by the formulas and diagrams on the board. The picture conveys a great respect for and confidence in school, teaching and knowledge. It's absolutely inspiring, a challenge to try to get something from the school environment myself.

And of course I can identify a diagram describing the correlation coefficient between temperature and something, but still I have no clue to what the overall subject actually is.

Kjell
I believe he was simply demonstrating the difference between direct and inverse relationships in a geography class. The first graph appears to represent how temperature varies by latitude, the second shows a direct relationship but I am at a total loss as to what relationship.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 10:53 AM   #28

Mine I call screw u!! A broken old screw on a boring morning.

Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 9:24 PM   #29

that's a pretty good shot hawyard
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 10:09 PM   #30

Here's my boring shot - taken with the K10 not long after I got the camera.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote