Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 2, 2007, 12:08 AM   #11

image 9
Attached Images

ardigitalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 12:09 AM   #12

image 10
Attached Images

ardigitalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 1:46 AM   #13

Great shots. Looks like everyone had fun there.

I take it you are enjoying the K10D.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 2:22 AM   #14

All very fine pictures, but #7 takes it a few steps up the ladder. Clean, sharp, well composed and the expression on the boy's face is priceless. A picture for some competition – or the wall!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 4:01 AM   #15

ardigitalman,
you need to be very careful photographing young children.. try to keep 2 of them in the frame.. there is always a chance of pedophiles altering your image and the cops knocking on your door...
ME?? i avoid like the plague shooting children

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 7:50 AM   #16

Cute kids...

OT: How'd you get a signature...?
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 7:53 AM   #17

robar wrote:
Quote:
ardigitalman,
you need to be very careful photographing young children.. try to keep 2 of them in the frame.. there is always a chance of pedophiles altering your image and the cops knocking on your door...

roy
Sad but true these days.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 8:01 AM   #18

robar wrote:
Quote:
ardigitalman,

roy

There have been some real horror stories of innocent photographers who have ended up in a lot of trouble because of taking the old "in the bathtub" shot, you know, the one you get to show to your kids when they are older just to embarrass them. Kids in any stage of partial dress are risky, unless it is very clearly a justifiable shot, like a picture of the local junior swim team. A "topless" picture of a two year old girl is far more likely to get you in trouble than a similar image of a twenty year old ever will.

It is sad that the reaction to the perverts of the world has taken freedom away from the innocent.

Ira - who is glad his kids are now older.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:21 AM   #19

I have Grand kids and will from time to time post portraits of them but I like to keep the as clothed as possible. Be a Great Grandfather soon...Get to start all over with Him/Her when they are born. I like these and enjoy them for what they are..An exploration of child like wonder and innocence. Always fascinating to me. Just avoid the lightly clothed photos and be sure you have the parents consent to take them and to post them on the web. Wonderful series to me.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 2:20 PM   #20

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:
ardigitalman,

roy

There have been some real horror stories of innocent photographers who have ended up in a lot of trouble because of taking the old "in the bathtub" shot, you know, the one you get to show to your kids when they are older just to embarrass them. Kids in any stage of partial dress are risky, unless it is very clearly a justifiable shot, like a picture of the local junior swim team. A "topless" picture of a two year old girl is far more likely to get you in trouble than a similar image of a twenty year old ever will.

It is sad that the reaction to the perverts of the world has taken freedom away from the innocent.

Ira - who is glad his kids are now older.
well said ira.
you too dawg. great grandaddy???
i remember doing things with 3.
i was born into the world with 13 inline grand parents alive. i remember 10.. how many people can say that???? i have a picture of me and the ancestors, 5 generations...

roy

robar is offline   Reply With Quote