Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 4, 2007, 8:32 PM   #1

I got a bit curioous last night and decided to try some test shots using extension tubes and some different lenses.

I realised my flash was not firing in Wireless Mode!!!!!:shock:.

When I checked the camera I noted that the Wireless mode was greyed out and not selectable. I had a sigma lens on and manual extension tubes on.

I run some checking over my menus and discovered that if my camera has a manual lens on or I turn the Aperture collar on an AF lens from A to a manual f stop, then I lose the Wireless function on my K10D.

Does anyone else have this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Camera works fine in everything, Manual lenses work fine just no wireless flash capability.

I was hoping from some off camera flash work using my Manual lenses but it looks like I might have to use a Off Camera Cord or a Wein Peanut or some other Digital Flash Slaveto activate the flash.

I appreciate that with a manual lens there is no aperture data for the Flash to operate properly in P-TTL Mode, but I was at least hoping for simple flash activation wit the external flash set to manual mode.

Crash :sad:
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2007, 10:59 PM   #2

What a complete brain fart I am. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Did some research and yep...NO using the On Board Flash as a wireless trigger to an external flash when you have a manual aperture lens fitted.

Glad I kept my off camera cord. I was only thinking about that the other day, that I would NEVER need it again with WirelessFlash on the K10D. How wrong I was.

But I think I will just cough up and buy a Digital Slave trigger that recognises Pre-flash.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 9:05 AM   #3

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
What a complete brain fart I am. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Did some research and yep...NO using the On Board Flash as a wireless trigger to an external flash when you have a manual aperture lens fitted.

Glad I kept my off camera cord. I was only thinking about that the other day, that I would NEVER need it again with WirelessFlash on the K10D. How wrong I was.

But I think I will just cough up and buy a Digital Slave trigger that recognises Pre-flash.
Crashman

What digital slave trigger system are you condidering??..

This is an area that interests me, but I have not seen much discussion about..

Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 3:59 AM   #4

Bruce

I can get the Chinese SF4 Digital Slave Flash Sensor which Ignores Preflash, (ebay Item number 180143185182) for AUS$62.00. Also doubles as a stand and has PC Sync and Tripod mount.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180143185182&s sPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr12_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT& refitem=180144313697&itemcount=12&refwidge tloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStor eCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

Also loooking at theWien Digital Slave Peanut

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...hoe_Slave.html

Crash