Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:10 AM   #1

No guarantees, but I ordered one, I figured it was worth a shot. It comes with a battery, and the range is quoted as 3 meters. They take PayPal.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5483

Jianisi Universal Digital SLR Remote for Pentax / Nikon / Canon / Konica Minolta $5.16
caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2007, 12:56 PM   #2

Good luck with it. Your camera only works with one button. None of the zoom features work with the Pentax DSLRs. At least you are not out much if it's not what you wanted.

Years ago, for about $15, I bought a Pentax remote for an Optio 440. It works the zoom on the Optio and, on my Pentax DSLRs, it works the shutter. The nice thing about this one is its size - very small. It fits into the designated storage area of the K10D battery grip.

There is also freeware (Pentax Remote Control F Emulator) that I have intalled on my Palm PDA. The program turns the touchscreen into a remote.

Good luck.

Larry in Dallas
Heathglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 7:52 AM   #3

caliban,

You bought and I think probably received the IR remote from Dealextreme.

I wanted you to please take a look at the literature , if you still have it, for the remote you bought from DealExtreme.

The remote specifies many cameras but not the Olympus brand in the advertising there is information in the literature
which seems to indicated that it supports the C series of the Olympus cameras. This is about 30 cameras.

They show a table which I wonder if you can sort out any sort of ideas that they mean to say that it will operate an Olympus camera.

Why do I ask when they already sell an Olympus dedictaed remote?
1. Because I'd rather get a remote that operates 4+ camera brands than just one.
2. The finger layout for large fingers is much better when the bulk of the body is in my hand with the buttons near the top
rather than all of the buttons grouped in the middle of a small square of plastic.
3. I'm basically curious. : )

Thanks a lot. My buying is in your hands. Or at least my entertainment for a few minutes is in your hands.
Andre in Fresno, CA USA
Thanks again.
AndreLikesPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 7:42 PM   #4

caliban wrote:
Quote:
No guarantees, but I ordered one, I figured it was worth a shot.* It comes with a battery, and the range is quoted as 3 meters.* They take PayPal.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5483

Jianisi Universal Digital SLR Remote for Pentax / Nikon / Canon / Konica Minolta $5.16
I have something very close to what dealextreme has

It works for my DL& K100D.The longest distance it works is 80' . Of course for off axis usage,it is proportionally shorter. I recall it costs around $9 shipping incl

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote