Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:37 PM   #11

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:50 PM   #12

Thanks, Viz-

The certainity of K-10 100% compatibility is the fact that we are attempting to isolate right now. I am really glad that you are pleased with the Promaster 7500DX. By the way, how did the wedding photos turn out??

Thanks so much for your help. I will be looking forward to learing what you find out.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 2:34 AM   #13

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Dal,

It is about a month old being out now. I got it locally where I live in Wisconsin. It was out only two weeks old being out when I got it. I let a friend use it on his DS for a wedding shoot. I got it back and tried it on my dog.

It does exist as I have one and used it to help make the pictures I posted.

I am not a fan of vaporware, nor would I post something that isn't true as I had stated in the start of this thread.

I do not know if it is compatible with the K10D but will find out Monday when I will take a trip to the store where I got this flash.

Sorry, I didn't mean to accuse you of anything - my post is a bit blunt sometimes.

What I meant, was that you had bought the flash, and it is obviously a good one, but they don't seem brave enough to add Pentax to their website.

I daresay in a few months time they will stop making it due to lack of interest by Pentax owners.

Dal

BTW Sarah - after the last big flash thread, which I printed out again by the way, I am keen to read any and all updates you may have. Flash is still a bit hit and miss for me. I don't use it often enough to really practise. Unlike Viz who isd quickly becoming an expert!
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 2:46 AM   #14

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
This one is a bit more like it as far as the pose. I do like this flash unit and the fill flash feature is different from anything else I have used.
And like the 7000M I'm guessing it is still aimed up slightly so even head on, it still fills without giving doggie monster or human red eye.

DAL,

You would think PM marketing would have an the handle on the Web site, but guess production and distribution forgot to tell them we finally have it out now?
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 8:49 AM   #15

Viz-

Many thanks for the post and the photos of the Promaster 7500DX. As you mentioned, it seems like not much is known about this flash, and it does seem to do an excellent job. That is why I am attempting to track down some "hard" info on this flash. Promaster is not doing much to alert the Pentax Community to this flash and its obvious advanatges.

Thanks again for your help.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 12, 2007, 1:18 PM   #16

The bit I really like the look of is the second flash on the front.

I s this independently selectable, or does it fire everytime?

Just thinking of when shooting through glass etc.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 5:44 PM   #17

Dal-

On the Promaster 7000M flash that I used for the Flash Thread, the small fill-in secondary flash went off every time the main flash fired.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 12, 2007, 5:55 PM   #18

Old Aug 12, 2007, 7:45 PM   #19

Old Aug 28, 2007, 9:46 PM   #20

I just heard back by email from Promaster regarding the Pentax K10 and the Promaster 7500DX. I will post there email response. Quite interesting.

"The only module that will work with the 5750DX and 5550DX and be compatible with the K10D is thejust released 5050DXR module for Pentax code# 7161. This is the first module to be compatiblewith the K10D. This new XR moduleis firmware upgradable to changes in future flash systems. The 7500DX and 7500EDF flash units do not use the interchangeable module system. They are designed for either Canon #7280, Nikon #7287, Pentax #7273 and Sony #7294. These flash units are also firmware upgradable. The 7500EDF for Pentax #7273 is the only 7500 series flash that is compatible with the Pentax K10D. Flashexpert"

So folks, we need the Promaster #7273 for the 7500EDF. Confusing isn't it.

Good old Pentax! They want us to buy there flash unit! It would seem. If they would discount it down to the Promaster price I would be happy to do so.

eagle2 is offline   Reply With Quote