Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 12, 2007, 8:56 PM   #11

wadue wrote:
Quote:
Roger, I really do understand giving each other a hard time from time to time & truthfully, I wasn't in "a good place" when I read that. Just came home after a great weekend with my wife to find that my stepson had a few friends over while we were gone. Sooo. I went to get calmed down & the first thing I saw was Roy's post & just reacted to it & with that I apologize to Roy. But I don't want the integrity of this forum to be compromised & if it was a case of a friend giving a friend some crap then so be it but that is a line that I wouldn't have used on anyone, especially a close friend. But if you didn't take it as an insult, I should have kept my yap shut & stayed out of it.

Sorry for any hard feelings!
Ron

Ron
No hard feelings at all. I appriciate you commenting. I have never made it a secret that I was a BIG DUMMY and quit school the 1st month of the 10th grade. I hope that by admiting what a DUMMY I was some young folks will not make the same mistake.

Once again Thank You for your concern

roger hogan

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 9:11 PM   #12

Roger, I really have appreciated your humility over the last few months of looking & appreciating your posts....Lord knows that I love wildlife (& by the way, you would appreciate our weekend down in the Shawnee National Forest of Southern IL...saw only 4 whitetail does...usually see a lot more though). It's just that I only remember your eagerness to learn (much like myself!) & don't remember you giving anyone a hard time & I guess I just took offense to Roy's jab.

You just remind me so much of a couple ole boys that I hunt with because they have similar backgrounds as you & I have more respect for them & what they have accomplished in their lives than I do for some other folks that I know with master's degrees & ex-wives & every other weekend parenting!

I'll shut up now & let you keep up on the good work!
Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 9:48 PM   #13

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:
wadue wrote:
Quote:
Roy, I respect you & your talents but that crack was WAY OUT OF LINE! Roger is a fine upstanding member of this forum & you have just downgraded the quality that I feel holds this website above anythat I have seen!

BAD FORM, Roy!!!:evil::evil::evil:
WOW!!!! Roy and I pick on each other pretty regular. I DID NOT TAKE HIS COMMENT as a insult. Just Roy picking back at me like I have picked on him.

He was one of the folks that hashelped me out with questions when I am having a hard time with understanding what it is I am trying to read.

I do agree with you 100% about this forum "The quality that I feel holds this website above anythat I have seen! "

Also thanks a bunch for speaking up for me and for the forum.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
another WOW!!
ron,
i remember when roger 1st came over here spouting the fact that he was sorry and may have a hard time understanding posts because he only had a 9th grade education(yeah right). i believed that for almost 2 days until i saw how well read he is..
me ?? i'm an over 50 hippie. full beard, long graying ponytail.. it has worked many times for me as people tend to classify me into a certainclass much to their despair, when i walk all over them.

altho ron,
i respect you for being a great forum member for laying it on the line for illiterate roger(hehe). it took a lot of guts to call me out..:blah:i post on some other boards but this one is basicly home.. thanks for sticking up for another member..

roy

hey roger,, i have an intermedial reader if you need it. no postage required........shhhh
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 9:57 PM   #14

ron,
i forgot to say that when i finished reading your post i got this big grin on my face..
well done!!

roy
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:01 PM   #15

Roy, I sit here red-faced (& it ain't from too much sun this weekend!) & I'll say "Thanks!" & leave it go.

Boy, this forum even serves up the best crow that I've ever had! mmmmm.....

I also remember Roger's beginning here & had the same thoughts after seeing his posts! I'm still jealous!

Thanks as always for having this forum to brag about to other folks!
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:14 PM   #16

wadue wrote:
Quote:
Roy, I sit here red-faced (& it ain't from too much sun this weekend!) & I'll say "Thanks!" & leave it go.

Boy, this forum even serves up the best crow that I've ever had! mmmmm.....

I also remember Roger's beginning here & had the same thoughts after seeing his posts! I'm still jealous!

Thanks as always for having this forum to brag about to other folks!
ron,
it might be that awfull crow you just ate. ar ar ar :P

grins,
roy