Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:31 AM   #11

new PM from Hayward,

[line]

[line]

what an ugly little dawg!! must be related to someone here.. lol

OH GROW UP WILL YOU????!!!!

If you are going to continually be one at least spell Texass correctly

as you would say LOL....(hardee har har)

[line]

hayward....

first off,, i was referring to bigdawg as he's the only DAWG on this board. sorry ed.!

If you knew anything about me you would know that I've had over 200 of these ‘'ugly little dogs'' go thru my house over the years. We're fortunate enough to be owned by 3 of our own.

Tell me something, is the dog(avatar) you post with on heartworm preventative ? is it spay/neutered ? is it up to dateon shots and vaccines ? any negative answer to the above would disqualify you for adoption from any rescue group. Any negative to the above says to us that you are not a good adopter or a good owner.

In the years I've been doing rescue , I've had to make many decisions to takes eyes, legs, and the life of our foster dogs and sometimes it's a horribly painful decision. Have you ever had to make this decision? Have you ever picked up a dog that you had to hold at arms length because it was a free bleeder dripping blood from mange and truly hope that it has demodetic instead of sarcoptic mange?

gawd hayward!! YOU??,, telling someone to spell correctly ?????? what a yoke ????(oops)

[line]

Oh??? Harde har har !!!

[line]

Harriet,
thanks for thinking about me when you shot this..

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:52 AM   #12

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Guess I either didn't read the sign or else I don't follow directions terribly well (the guys are models for a photographer).
Harriet,

The first one is packed with great color. And did you take this pict (re photo prohibited) with your bigger DA* zoom? That would be be conspicuous.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 2:19 PM   #13

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
This picture is especially for Roy - I'm sure he'll appreciate it. I happen to be out of town andwas takingthe opportunity to try myhand at taking pictures of neon lights at dusk.This picture was irresistable, even processed on my lousy laptop monitor. The shutter speed was too slow to capture the mainsubject in the picture, who's 10 weeks old and very squirmy.
Yes, but was the picture for Roy because of the little Boston Terrier or was it for Roy because of the two scantily clad admirers? I like your second one best Harriet, the juxtapostition of the tin man walking out of a store with his shopping bag is comical.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 4:12 PM   #14

Let's see, all of the pictures were taken with the K10 and the DA*50-135, so it was very obvious as I was closer than I would have been with the 300. That's why I took their backs - the sign did get me to back off a bit. There were so many people around watching that the people running the booth didn't notice me.

Tim - I'll leave it to everyone else to figure out if the show girls or the Boston, or the vibrant colors in the pictures made me think of Roy (or all of the above!).

Thanks, everyone else for the compliments. It seems like I can always find something interesting to photograph, I just have to work at it harder in some places. The Fremont Experience in downtown Vegas is NOT one of them (these, plus quite a few more were taken in an hour and a half while wandering along the couple of blocks).

Originally I was going to post a picture of Sam Boyd's Fremont sign with all the red lights. The red neon lights looked really wonderful when I looked at the picture in Lightroom, but it lost a lot of it's color when I converted it to jpg and opened it in Photoshop. Thought that was interesting and the picture wasn't half as much fun, so I posted Binions instead. Not sure if it's because of changing to the different bit rate or what, but that's about the first time I've noticed a difference between LR and CS2. Any ideas?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 4:36 PM   #15

hey gal,
you are certainly getting better at this street photog thing. i like them all but the metal man is my fav. and yes i noticed the scantily clad gals but only after the boston. do you know anything about the metal man??

roy
Old Aug 13, 2007, 8:08 AM   #16

I have no idea who the tin man was - I was trying on a street corner, looking for a particular neon sign I had noticed earlier (but didn't remember where it was) and I looked up to see him crossing the street. I just lifted the camera up to the eye and pressed the shutter - no thought involved with this picture at all.

I'm starting to get a better feel for street photography, though I still find it much harder than taking pictures of flowers.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:56 PM   #17

Wow, a slew of good pics but please don't apologize on the first. The colors are fabulous and the subjects perfect. Easily one of the most visually interesting and emotionally pleasing images I've seen. So unique!
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2007, 1:14 PM   #18

i''ll agree with you on that CC
Old Aug 13, 2007, 10:44 PM   #19

Wow- I'm overwhelmed. Thanks for all the compliments.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 11:54 PM   #20

robar wrote:
Quote:
new PM from Hayward,

[line]

what an ugly little dawg!! must be related to someone here.. lol

OH GROW UP WILL YOU????!!!!

If you are going to continually be one at least spell Texass correctly

as you would say LOL....(hardee har har)

[line]

hayward....

first off,, i was referring to bigdawg as he's the only DAWG on this board. sorry ed.!
Yet he did not/has not posted to this thread, and your comment just happened to follow my post..... yeah OK, whatever.

And very bad form reposting PM's.... or does the word PRIVATE's meaning escape you? I did it private to keep it OUT of a public forum.... but since you brought it in.

But at least a reply without cussing FO's TS's, and name calling for a change.

And Harriet sorry Robar has so inappropriately chosen to pollute your thread this way with what was supposed to be private, and would have just gotten a sorry for the misunderstanding PM reply if it had as it should have stayed that way.

And again.... to get back to topic great Vegas shots.... you did good!!!!!
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote