Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 12, 2007, 9:59 AM   #1

Used a Yashica/Contax mount lens that has been re-machined to fit a Pentax. Pentax K10D in this instance. A Vivitar 80-200 f/4 macro lens. Critiques are always welcome.

Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2007, 2:24 PM   #2

Hey Dawg,
It is a pretty rose, but I think I would have preferred more DOF to get it sharp front to back. Of course, you may have been looking for a different look than I would have been too.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 4:52 PM   #3

dawg,
i find yellow to be just as hard to shoot as white. IMO the shot is over exposed.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:22 PM   #4

You could try what I did (Thanks Tim for this tip) and use a black background, either fabric or paper. I found the best time to take the shot was early morning in that soft light and not direct sunlight.
My example -http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...98&forum_id=80

And lastly I would like to quote the beautiful words by "Penolta'

Quote:
People have asked: "If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it, is there any sound?". One might then ask "If a flower blooms and there is no one to see it, is there any beauty?" Flowers wither and die all too soon - a photograph preserves that beauty and posting it allows the beauty to be appreciated. Thanks for doing it.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2007, 7:18 PM   #5

Rodney9 wrote:
Quote:
You could try what I did (Thanks Tim for this tip) and use a black background, either fabric or paper. I found the best time to take the shot was early morning in that soft light and not direct sunlight.
My example -http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=80
Thanks for reposting that linke Rodney. I was on vacation at that point and never completely caught back up, so I missed it. I am glad that worked out for you; the really funny thing is that it is something I read in a book and now I need to try it myself!!! :shock:

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2007, 9:02 PM   #6

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Hey Dawg,
It is a pretty rose, but I think I would have preferred more DOF to get it sharp front to back. Of course, you may have been looking for a different look than I would have been too.

Tim
Not trying for anything really just trying out the Yashica/Contax mount lens I modified to fit the Pentax camera. Works pretty good if DOF and over exposure are all that shows up. Hand held snapshot and nothing more.

PS...Roy..I modified the Minolta mount tonight. Be showing some photos with it tommorrow or the next day.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote