Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:40 PM   #11

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:
d-sr wrote:
Quote:
Nice camera wagon Roger. You got that at the same time you got your K10D didn't you.

I've noticed you are using a lot of different lenses now. Is the 50-500 still your favorite?

DonR
Your right when I got the K10D I figured it needed a nice place to ride in. No question my BIGMA is my faovorite. It is pretty much on my camera 95% of the time.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Roger, Do you hand hold most of your shots with it? I'm also not clear about the LCD. Can you use it for framing your shots or is it just for replay. I'm thinking of upgrading but I shoot a lot of continious shots at the Ballet and don't know about just using the view finder.

DonR

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:56 PM   #12

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:

Hayward - rambled and said nothing. No real offense, but a Bigma over here sells for £748.
Again until you have to consider you walk/bike out the front door you do not have a huge SUV to take you wherever and THEN walk about.... or until you haul it unril you return home.... have to carry it and all the gear with you (plus lock the bike) To keep it from being stolen.

Different strokes for different folks.... and situations. LITTERALLY walking from home 4 lbs is a major issue, especially in summer heat.

But again find on used for $500 like above I'd be all over it..... $1K is also a bit of a put off given the other considerations.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:13 AM   #13

Roger,

I like the shot as is. Tweak is good too (Hayward). Planned out or not you have some nice scenery to shoot and share some wonderful images in the place you live.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:17 AM   #14

Hayward,

What??:?
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:35 AM   #15

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Hayward,

Gee.... a REFERENCE of what the heck you are refering to would be nice, since I have never replied to you here.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:38 AM   #16

kashka wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot!..was that wagon part of the kit when you bought the camera? :lol:
lisa
You are right the camera wagon is part of the K10D kit I bought. Nice pretty camera needed a nice place to ride in. Lisa thanks for looking and commenting.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 2:32 PM   #17

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Hayward,

Gee.... a REFERENCE of what the heck you are refering to would be nice, since I have never replied to you here.
Yep,

Made as much sense as you do.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:25 PM   #18

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:
You are right the camera wagon is part of the K10D kit I bought.
I thought it was the lens case for the Bigma!

I agree with Roy, sell it to the car makers. I think your version is perfectly PPd, Haward's looks way to overprocessed and unnatural IMO.

Even if your Bigma shots are always first class and often funny, it's nice to see youexplore your talent with another type of lens. You've done GOOOOD! We're all spoilt having you posting here.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:22 AM   #19

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Hayward wrote:
Quote:
vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Hayward,

Yep,

Sorry if very nice lens and would love to have one but given its weight and bulk having to carry it foot or bike from home to where ever you go, and everywhere else after shoot, until back home say 8 hours later, instead of big honking SUV to get you to the short walkabout, and then leave in if you stop before home, so baffled you.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 4:37 AM   #20

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Hayward wrote:
Quote:
vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Hayward,

Yep,

Sorry if very nice lens and would love to have one but given its weight and bulk having to carry it foot or bike from home to where ever you go, and everywhere else after shoot, until back home say 8 hours later, instead of big honking SUV to get you to the short walkabout, and then leave in if you stop before home, so baffled you.
Sorry Hayward, but this walking and biking really has tickled me.

When I go out for the day with camera kit, I drive to the location (Zoo, park etc) then I walk around for 8 - 10 hours with a ton of gear, sometimes a tripod as well.

Why is that any different to biking to location and biking back again in 8hours?

Camera gear can be heavy, but with the Bigma yu do have the option of just one lens to carry..

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote