Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:40 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
d-sr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Abilene. TX
Posts: 1,486
Default

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:
d-sr wrote:
Quote:
Nice camera wagon Roger. You got that at the same time you got your K10D didn't you.

I've noticed you are using a lot of different lenses now. Is the 50-500 still your favorite?

DonR
Your right when I got the K10D I figured it needed a nice place to ride in. No question my BIGMA is my faovorite. It is pretty much on my camera 95% of the time.


TOTALLY WACKY roger
Roger, Do you hand hold most of your shots with it? I'm also not clear about the LCD. Can you use it for framing your shots or is it just for replay. I'm thinking of upgrading but I shoot a lot of continious shots at the Ballet and don't know about just using the view finder.

DonR

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:56 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Hayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,318
Default

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:

Hayward - rambled and said nothing. No real offense, but a Bigma over here sells for £748.
Again until you have to consider you walk/bike out the front door you do not have a huge SUV to take you wherever and THEN walk about.... or until you haul it unril you return home.... have to carry it and all the gear with you (plus lock the bike) To keep it from being stolen.

Different strokes for different folks.... and situations. LITTERALLY walking from home 4 lbs is a major issue, especially in summer heat.

But again find on used for $500 like above I'd be all over it..... $1K is also a bit of a put off given the other considerations.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:13 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,974
Default

Roger,

I like the shot as is. Tweak is good too (Hayward). Planned out or not you have some nice scenery to shoot and share some wonderful images in the place you live.




vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:17 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,974
Default

Hayward,

What??:?
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:35 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Hayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,318
Default

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Hayward,

What??:?
Gee.... a REFERENCE of what the heck you are refering to would be nice, since I have never replied to you here.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:38 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

kashka wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot!..was that wagon part of the kit when you bought the camera? :lol:
lisa
You are right the camera wagon is part of the K10D kit I bought. Nice pretty camera needed a nice place to ride in. Lisa thanks for looking and commenting.


TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 2:32 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,974
Default

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Hayward,

What??:?
Gee.... a REFERENCE of what the heck you are refering to would be nice, since I have never replied to you here.
Yep,

Made as much sense as you do.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:25 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
bilybianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hassleholm, Sweden
Posts: 3,435
Default

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:
You are right the camera wagon is part of the K10D kit I bought.
I thought it was the lens case for the Bigma!

I agree with Roy, sell it to the car makers. I think your version is perfectly PPd, Haward's looks way to overprocessed and unnatural IMO.

Even if your Bigma shots are always first class and often funny, it's nice to see youexplore your talent with another type of lens. You've done GOOOOD! We're all spoilt having you posting here.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:22 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Hayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,318
Default

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Hayward wrote:
Quote:
vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Hayward,

What??:?
Gee.... a REFERENCE of what the heck you are refering to would be nice, since I have never replied to you here.
Yep,

Made as much sense as you do.
Sorry if very nice lens and would love to have one but given its weight and bulk having to carry it foot or bike from home to where ever you go, and everywhere else after shoot, until back home say 8 hours later, instead of big honking SUV to get you to the short walkabout, and then leave in if you stop before home, so baffled you.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 4:37 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 1,868
Default

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Hayward wrote:
Quote:
vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Hayward,

What??:?
Gee.... a REFERENCE of what the heck you are refering to would be nice, since I have never replied to you here.
Yep,

Made as much sense as you do.
Sorry if very nice lens and would love to have one but given its weight and bulk having to carry it foot or bike from home to where ever you go, and everywhere else after shoot, until back home say 8 hours later, instead of big honking SUV to get you to the short walkabout, and then leave in if you stop before home, so baffled you.
Sorry Hayward, but this walking and biking really has tickled me.



When I go out for the day with camera kit, I drive to the location (Zoo, park etc) then I walk around for 8 - 10 hours with a ton of gear, sometimes a tripod as well.



Why is that any different to biking to location and biking back again in 8hours?



Camera gear can be heavy, but with the Bigma yu do have the option of just one lens to carry..





Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:11 AM.