Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 14, 2007, 11:52 PM   #1

I used my K10 with a Sigma 10-20 lens.

I was on a ridge spotting for elk and decided to take this picture as I got close to my camera wagon.

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:11 AM   #2

Nice camera wagon Roger. You got that at the same time you got your K10D didn't you.

I've noticed you are using a lot of different lenses now. Is the 50-500 still your favorite?

DonR
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 2:23 AM   #3

Nice shot.

But just hypothetical though of not having been there to play....

While clear cut part of the hill (sclaping) might have been gone, but with the vehicle being silver.... might have been much more dramatic 1/2 or 2/3 stop down.

My Q&D post attempt at that. ( yes the post border could be much more feathered etc, but a bit of under exposure might have just done that to begin with)

EDIT.... on second thought trying to adjust total image, the lower forward part of the car is too dark to do that naturally (it would be rather black).... but if it had been parked to be a bit more reflective there too, might have naturally worked. Maybe it front more towards you or shooting from a bit more to the right, from the look of the light.

But for a spontanious just looks kind of cool kind of shot still very nice. (Sort of doubt you planned/reshot it a lot.)

PS also what I was saying about the BIGMA on the other thread, you have that behemouth to get you and it there, and then walk

I bike/walk from home.... and then when done have to haul it around until I get back home again when shooting is done. (Not real practical to go home dump it, and go back out again... and then maybe miss something too) Weight and bulk becomes an issue then.

Otherwise I'd love a Bigma.... and even if I come across I used one for around $500 would be temptation enough for the occasional dedicated use. In fact there were a number of time I considered the Sig 170-500mm, until I came across the PM 100-400mm
Attached Images

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 8:04 AM   #4

Nice shot with the 10-20mm Roger. Makes a nice change for you.

Hayward - rambled and said nothing. No real offense, but a Bigma over here sells for £748.

You want one for less than $500, or £240.

Try and be a bit realistic. Give it 10 years or so before you look again for a quality lens.

As for biking, do you think Roger drives up to within 10 steps of his shot? The heavy lenses are carried by all of us for various distances. It is no excuse not to buy one.

Personally, I have been toying with getting one, but in addition to the sheer size of the thing, I cannot justify the price yet. For me, it needs to go below £500 (for Hayward $1000) to be bought.

Dal

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:28 AM   #5

d-sr wrote:
Quote:
Nice camera wagon Roger. You got that at the same time you got your K10D didn't you.

I've noticed you are using a lot of different lenses now. Is the 50-500 still your favorite?

DonR
Your right when I got the K10D I figured it needed a nice place to ride in. No question my BIGMA is my faovorite. It is pretty much on my camera 95% of the time.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:36 PM   #6

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot.

But just hypothetical though of not having been there to play....

While clear cut part of the hill (sclaping) might have been gone, but with the vehicle being silver.... might have been much more dramatic 1/2 or 2/3 stop down.

My Q&D post attempt at that. ( yes the post border could be much more feathered etc, but a bit of under exposure might have just done that to begin with)

EDIT.... on second thought trying to adjust total image, the lower forward part of the car is too dark to do that naturally (it would be rather black).... but if it had been parked to be a bit more reflective there too, might have naturally worked. Maybe it front more towards you or shooting from a bit more to the right, from the look of the light.

But for a spontanious just looks kind of cool kind of shot still very nice. (Sort of doubt you planned/reshot it a lot.)

PS also what I was saying about the BIGMA on the other thread, you have that behemouth to get you and it there, and then walk

I bike/walk from home.... and then when done have to haul it around until I get back home again when shooting is done. (Not real practical to go home dump it, and go back out again... and then maybe miss something too) Weight and bulk becomes an issue then.

Otherwise I'd love a Bigma.... and even if I come across I used one for around $500 would be temptation enough for the occasional dedicated use. In fact there were a number of time I considered the Sig 170-500mm, until I came across the PM 100-400mm
Your right about no plan. As I got close I looked and changed lens took the photo and continued on. Cool look on the photo THANKS.

Get a BushHawk then it is easy to carry.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:37 PM   #7

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot with the 10-20mm Roger. Makes a nice change for you.

Hayward - rambled and said nothing. No real offense, but a Bigma over here sells for £748.

You want one for less than $500, or £240.

Try and be a bit realistic. Give it 10 years or so before you look again for a quality lens.

As for biking, do you think Roger drives up to within 10 steps of his shot? The heavy lenses are carried by all of us for various distances. It is no excuse not to buy one.

Personally, I have been toying with getting one, but in addition to the sheer size of the thing, I cannot justify the price yet. For me, it needs to go below £500 (for Hayward $1000) to be bought.

Dal

When ever I think about it I am trying to get use to a lens that is not my BIGMA.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Aug 15, 2007, 8:00 PM   #8

roger,
you could sell this one for an ad.. i don't care what anyone says, this is a superb shot.
i think that before some one C&Cs images they should post some of their perfect shots. the wide you shot with should be in your pocket because i'm sure there are many scenic shots you see in your ramblings.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 8:13 PM   #9

Nice shot!..was that wagon part of the kit when you bought the camera? :lol:
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:27 PM   #10

robar wrote:
Quote:
roger,
you could sell this one for an ad.. i don't care what anyone says, this is a superb shot.
i think that before some one C&Cs images they should post some of their perfect shots. the wide you shot with should be in your pocket because i'm sure there are many scenic shots you see in your ramblings.

roy
Roy thanks for such a nice comment. I think you are right I am going to start carring it with me. Thanks for the idea.

TOTALLY WACKY roger