Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 15, 2007, 5:44 PM   #1

Just got my FA50/1.4 today and I figured that I would share the first shot I took with it. Haven't had much time to play around, by the time I got home the baby was hungry... will definately post more she finishes her bottle.

Nick
Attached Images

inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2007, 6:04 PM   #2

looks great nick
i'm sure we will be seeing quite a few more.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:18 PM   #3

What a sweetie!..Nice capture,Nick..:-)
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:26 PM   #4

What a future heartbreaker you have there, lovely shot.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:30 AM   #5

Here's one from this morning, the WB is off and she isn't smiling... but figured I would post another anyway. Maybe I will fix the WB and take a couple of her smiling.

I promise that she is a happy child... lol.
Attached Images

Old Aug 18, 2007, 12:19 AM   #6

Second much better... one thing you have to be careful of with a 1.4 wide open... plenty sharp but very shallow DOF (especially at close range) another matter (your first only eyes really In F)..... actually took a shot a musician fiend from behind acros the stage the other night and him and even neck of the guitar were in focus at 1.4... but stand up bass player maybe 4 ft in front of him.... looked like another galaxy, though actually happened to work quite well....now looking at again it ONLY the guitar head is in true focus... but sort of interesting tri spacial effect. (and I am like 12 ft from all of it)

PS for Those who say 10D WB is semi worthless (and some reason your 2nd though better focus rather yellow).... maybe AWB in extreme conditions is (this shot would look horrid) but this is man WB (set in seconds) in TOTALLY pink/red stage lighting avail light.... you realy even see a hint of that? And that is one of 4 manual plus 3 color temp settings, as well as every preset WB is tweakable too.... even AWB is on a one time basis, and all in real time via LCD to visually see what you are doing if no real white to WB off of. How many other cameras do that?

And again where the 1.4 comes in real hady (butfor wide open DIF) it throwing out a fulll third od the light spectrum... pretty much all the red.... and can still caputure that

And lastly may stir some up for speed the FA 1.4 is very nice.... but I will still NEVER get rid of my old A 1.4... when time to MF practically is is just so much more gorgeous, especially on the edges, the FA suffers at wide open... though just minorly.... but you can pick up an old A, I suggest considering it for semi static shots..... smaller and lighter too.
Attached Images

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 8:52 AM   #7

This was you birthday lens, right? I'm looking at the cutiepie in the pic and thinking to myself that the photographer was singing, "Happy Birthday to ME.. Happy Birthday to ME.."

Super cute she is though. Did you shoot those wide open?

Hayward, that's awesome color for AWB, usually interior lighting goes yellow like inneyesakay for me and I have to go manual (or it's just inconsistent)
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 11:34 AM   #8

Thanks Coyote, they were shot at f2 and f1.6. Not quite wide open, but close... and I usually shoot RAW to avoid the WB problem, but I had it changed to JPG for some reason or the other and forgot about it.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 1:24 PM   #9

Very nice portraits Nick. Enjoy having a cooperative model now, I have more photos of my daughter with her hands in front of her face than I do of her smiling. Paint Shop Pro can really do a lot with WB even in jpeg mode, I am sure whatever program you are using can do the same.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 1:39 PM   #10

I use CS2, but I don't really know how to adjust WB in it... still have a lot to learn as far as using it.