Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:14 AM   #1

Seems Pentax US is continuing their print ad campaign, continuing with the Pentaxian theme and now touting the Pentax Photo Gallery website and a new website, pentaxian.com, which, according to the advertisement, opens in October. I quickly snapped these photos from the September issue of Popular Photography at a bookstore with a cameraphone, so pardon the horrid quality.

I guess this means that if you got your photos into the PPG, be proud that you're going to get some exposure via Pentax's ad campaign.

One-page ad inside magazine:
"Pen*tax*ian (noun):
A term widely used by PENTAX photographers when they talk about their loyalty to the PENTAX brand. They use this term to describe themselves on various photo web forums."

Advertisement on back cover:
"At Pentax, we know that cameras and lenses alone don't capture the photos we love. People do. Artists do. TO celebrate this, we've created the Pentax Photo Gallery, an online exhibition that peddles nothing but inspriation, pure and simple. After all, it's not the size of the camera bag, or even the tools inside, that matter most. Instead, it's the unique vision of an artist's eye behind the lens. Our gallery recognizes Pentaxians with an unquenchable passion for the art of photography. For capturing the decisive moment, we bring their drive to you. To fuel the fire within you. And within ourselves. Call it a gift. Call it pro bono. Call it a sublime collection of perfect composition and light. Whatever you may decide, come and explore. Whether you're a self-proclaimed Pentaxian or not, be inspired. Interact. Commune. But most importantly, be driven to create more. Join us."

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:58 AM   #2

You beat me too it... My copy came yesterday and the first thing I saw was the Pentax ad on the back. Was busy messing with my new FA50 that I haven't had a chance to get pictures up yet.

Seems Pentax just added anadvertising department, lol. I have been seeing quite a bit of exposure for them lately.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:45 AM   #3

This would seem to imply that with Hoya as the new owner, they are going to continue with the camera product line - and with the super coming out, continue with the updates and new models. I know that it is a leap based on some ads, but it appears to be to be in the right direction. They even used the word "loyal"......

Nothing not to like....
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:34 AM   #4

mine came in yesterday but it's still on the endtable.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:25 PM   #5

interested_observer wrote:
Quote:
This would seem to imply that with Hoya as the new owner, they are going to continue with the camera product line -
. . . or that they are trying to convince Hoya's mamagement that they should? One wold think that they would have had assurances from Hoya before embarking on a sales campaign.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 1:15 AM   #6

interested_observer wrote:
Quote:
This would seem to imply that with Hoya as the new owner, they are going to continue with the camera product line - and with the super coming out, continue with the updates and new models. I know that it is a leap based on some ads, but it appears to be to be in the right direction. They even used the word "loyal"......

Nothing not to like....
Not sure I'd call the 100 Super a real upgrade... pretty much just cutting production cost by putting the 10D SR system in the 100, rather than keep making 2 different systems.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see the 110D go away entirely, and its sales are most lack luster of the entire line, and other than Pentax compatiblity offers pretty much nothing the bigger competition doesn't already have/do.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote