Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 17, 2007, 10:30 PM   #11

I can only comment on the F 50mm and I consider it one of the absolute best lenses I have. If you were happy with it on your film body you should be even happier with it now as you will only be using the center "sweet spot."

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 11:58 PM   #12

Thanks everybody for your response. This will save me a lot of money.

DonR
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 12:03 AM   #13

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
I can only comment on the F 50mm and I consider it one of the absolute best lenses I have. If you were happy with it on your film body you should be even happier with it
And this may kick up some dust agian... but is there is the time and skill to MF a 50MM A lens as far as I am concerned FAR better than the FA's though but for when speed of AFis critical, and actually in very low light I might be manually faster... a pretty good compromise, but far from equal if time does allow in bright light.... and that is from all having ALL of the A lenses... 2.0, 1.7, and 1.4..... and even the 1.7 A out does the FA 1.4 if MF time allows IMHO... the 1.4 A is beatutiful compared to the 1.4 FA.... again if MF focus time time allows, and K10Dat leasdt gives you the conf, and if left in AF will not even alow you to take the shot if it doesn't see AF as well.

And the 10Dnot even allowinwing you to take a shot if left in AF and it doesn't agree with your focuse.... depending on focus modes could be spot or matrix choice.

And again (for those who seem to need it drilled ito their head) as this is a DISCUSSION forum just MY personal opinion... NOT GOSPEL.

Tim
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 3:01 AM   #14

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
I can only comment on the F 50mm and I consider it one of the absolute best lenses I have. If you were happy with it on your film body you should be even happier with it
And this may kick up some dust agian... but is there is the time and skill to MF a 50MM A lens as far as I am concerned FAR better than the FA's though but for when speed of AFis critical, and actually in very low light I might be manually faster... a pretty good compromise, but far from equal if time does allow in bright light.... and that is from all having ALL of the A lenses... 2.0, 1.7, and 1.4..... and even the 1.7 A out does the FA 1.4 if MF time allows IMHO... the 1.4 A is beatutiful compared to the 1.4 FA.... again if MF focus time time allows, and K10Dat leasdt gives you the conf, and if left in AF will not even alow you to take the shot if it doesn't see AF as well.

And the 10Dnot even allowinwing you to take a shot if left in AF and it doesn't agree with your focuse.... depending on focus modes could be spot or matrix choice.

And again (for those who seem to need it drilled ito their head) as this is a DISCUSSION forum just MY personal opinion... NOT GOSPEL.

Tim
Welcome to the forum Tim - don't think I have seen your name here before.

I certainly agree with the MF speed. If I have the time I like to manual focus, it makes me think about the shot more, but AF is definitely better for the faster shots - falconry for example, where following the bird on AF is far quicker for me then MF.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 5:28 AM   #15

N M
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 6:46 AM   #16

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Hayward wrote:
Quote:
NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:

Tim

Dal
Just felt like quoting extranious stuff cause like Mt Everest its just there, but for no other apparent reason or constructive comment???
Old Aug 18, 2007, 7:06 AM   #17

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Just felt like quoting extranious stuff cause like Mt Everest its just there, but for no other apparent reason or constructive comment???
WHAT!!!
again,,, WHAT????
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 7:24 AM   #18

robar wrote:
Quote:
Hayward wrote:
Quote:
WHAT!!!
again,,, WHAT????
Well gee sorry quote of my post with no reference OR reply SOMEHOW ESCAPES YOUR BRAINCELLS OF QUESTION OF ASKING WHY???

And not sure how it may have gotten to you as this was direct reply to Dal 1970's quote and you are not even in the sub quotes with no input to me.. (or are you just as usualyy butting you head in where it doesn't belong???)

AQctually just welcoming someone but quoted a bit to much so I got email notice....

Someone just can't quote properly (really meant as a subtle hint), and you (as always) have to stick you pig head in here Robar because YOU are confused by the OBVIOUS????
Old Aug 18, 2007, 9:39 AM   #19
Administrator

I'm going to repeat my exact words from a recent post (since some of the same participants are involved here). Warnings about this behavior have also been sent to individual members (more than once in some cases).

"Forum members are expected to behave in a civil manner here. That means no personal attacks or comments directed at other members.

If you want to debate the issues, fine. If you disagree with someone and have an opposing point of view, present it.

But, do it in a civil manner without getting personal. Otherwise, find someplace else to post.

JimC"

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 10:34 AM   #20
Administrator

This thread is now closed.

JimC

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote