Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 17, 2007, 11:43 AM   #1

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:30 PM   #2

don,
it's probably the same here. i had to get a new mount for 500/4.5. no problem, ''we have it in stock''. they did all except 1 part. there's about 16 parts to the mount. they shipped it to me anyway without telling me it's back orderd. i waited 3 months for the part that was suppose to be here in the next week or two..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:38 PM   #3

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 3:23 PM   #4

It's then a "Cheers" and some "sturm und drang" might help...:-)

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 5:16 PM   #5

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
. Makes me want to go out and buy a Canon or Nikon.

No cheers today.............Don

Don'r bank on them being any better. Haven't delt witrh Canon, but Nikon was no joy a few years back. Not horrible, and problem was fixed, but same sort of time/promise screw ups.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 7:59 PM   #6

Other side of the coin....I had a problem with the lens retraction mechanisim on my wife's little Optio S50 pocket camera...sent it back to Pentax USA in Colorado and had it back in my hands in less than two weeks from the time I originally mailed it.

Excellent communications, prompt repair, and good shipping....hard to have any complaints about that.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 8:48 PM   #7

This is a fairly common scenario with service departments these days. The techs are under pressure to produce - pay rates and promaotions are determined by numbers, not the difficulty of the repair. Diagnosing problems which are not immediately apparent can eat up a lot of time. The 'front end' - people who answer phones - are not technicians, and are able to give only generic answers. In some cases, they are not physically located in the same country as the technician. The tech's case notes may mean nothing to the person replying to your inquiry.

It appears you provided enough info for the tech to understand your problem and find a solution. This isn't often the case. Most have to guess a lot as to what the problem actually is.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 8:56 PM   #8

"
The Technician Had To replace The Body Cover , The camera was not sitting still on its frame."

Sounds like a design issue to me, which may be why some people had issues with focus and others did not.

The fix on the 200 sounds like a deal since they must have worked over the entire lens fixing your problem. It will be interesting to see if this makes your problem go away.

By the way, I have found Pentax USA to be very good and fairly fast in past dealings with them.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote