Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 18, 2007, 5:55 PM   #11

I have submitted five and three were accepted. My problem is that they require camera and lens to be Pentax. Most of my good Nature photos are with a Tokina 80-400mm or Sigma 100-300mm.

Ed
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 6:09 PM   #12

what about takumar and m series lenses?? i did not see 1 listed.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 6:14 PM   #13

robar wrote:
Quote:
what about takumar and m series lenses?? i did not see 1 listed.

roy
I did not think to look for one. You would think that this would be an option since their backwards compatibility is one of the biggest selling points.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 6:19 PM   #14
PDL

I have 12 accepted and 17 rejected. I do have to admit that I have not submitted an image in some time, long before the user judging started. I have had images accepted within 24 hours up to a week. Rejects tend to be quicker, then there was the time when the single judge was on vacation for two weeks - that was frustrating.

what I would like Pentax to do is establish some basic image criteria - other than it has to be with a Pentax camera/lens. This would be especially important now that all of us are judging - but what do we use for criteria? If you take unsaturated images of flowers (I have one) and bugs, your in. They really like macros of flowers and bugs taken in direct sunlight.

There are some really nice images on the site.

The easiest way to link your individual part of the gallery is to use the format

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/<YourName>;

Such as
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/philipdlanum;

My rejects
http://pdlanumimages.shutterfly.com;

It is really to bad that they do not provide better feedback/comments on rejects.

PDL

PDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 9:45 PM   #15

I set one of my photos to unknown because I couldn't find an exact match for my Pentax lens. The lens says that it is a smc-Pentax 50mm f/1.4, but they don't have one that accurately describes mine, as mine doesn't have the 'M' denotation.

I really wish Pentax would allow non-Pentax lens submissions, as much of my gallery-worthy potentials were taken with my Sigma 70-300mm DG APO.

Perhaps if Pentax were kind enough to send me a copy of their upcoming DA* 300mm f/4 lens, then I'd have some real crackin' shots to submit.

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 11:56 PM   #16

All of those pictures look far better than anything I've taken recently. I have fun and my pictures are nice, but not anywhere near the quality of those, especially the composition. The site is cool, and the pictures are first class!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:03 AM   #17

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
All of those pictures look far better than anything I've taken recently. I have fun and my pictures are nice, but not anywhere near the quality of those, especially the composition. The site is cool, and the pictures are first class!
Don't worry Harriet, I feel the same way... maybe you can get some first class shots with that first class glass, eh?

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote