Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 18, 2007, 3:37 PM   #1

Anyone here,except robar-who I know has-submitted any photos to the Pentax Photo Gallery?
nick1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2007, 3:55 PM   #2

I'm listed on the gallery, but only have two photos accepted so far:

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/ho...=0&language=EN

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 4:31 PM   #3

not me.
i've got a request in now but no answer yet.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 4:38 PM   #4

Hi Nick,

I submitted about ten early on, got 5 accepted. I have no idea why they declined the ones they did. Haven't submitted for a while now, but from what I hear, they're getting increasingly picky. . . but now the registered artists can vote for submitted pics, so you get a second chance.

After seeing some of the stuff they've got from some of the other photographers, I feel pretty good about having any accepted. . .

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 4:45 PM   #5

i agree scott. how long does it take to get an answer back??

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 4:54 PM   #6

Hi Roy,

It seems to vary. I submitted twice, the first time took about 3 days, the second time, it was almost a week. Now, with the voting, I'm not sure what the procedures are on their end.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 5:44 PM   #7

Only submitted 1 image and got it accepted. I'm very critical of my own work, so I only submit what I'd like to have to show off my work. Unfortunately some of my best images I have captured with non-pentax glass.

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/ho...mp;language=EN
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 5:46 PM   #8

I notice that some of the gallery photos do not list a Pentax lens, but are marked "unknown." does anyone know if is this their way or the photographer's way of avoiding the mention of a non-Pentax lens being used on a Pentax camera?
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 5:47 PM   #9

Interesting, I emailed them this past week, got my account set up, and submitted about ten pics on Friday. No judgement on what will be accepted. Getting into the premier gallery would certainly be a feather in your hat. One thing I have noticed is that the site seems to be down fairly frequently (at least recently).

Another more choosy photo site is www.oneexposure.net. There are some incredible pics posted there. The thing I like about that site is that, if you are rejected, you can get improvement advice on the rejected photo. Here the photo screeners can accept the photo, reject the photo, or send borderline ones to the membership for voting. I had one accepted out of three, the other two were rejected after voting.

Tim

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 5:51 PM   #10

penolta wrote:
Quote:
I notice that some of the gallery photos do not list a Pentax lens, but are marked "unknown." does anyone know if is this their way or the photographer's way of avoiding the mention of a non-Pentax lens being used on a Pentax camera?
We must have been posting at the same time Penolta. I can tell you that whenever you submit a photo you have to choose from drop down menus that list the camera and lens you were using. The only choices are Pentax and the lens menu (not sure about the cameras) has an unknown option. I did use this option for photos that were taken with non-Pentax glass. I don't know if that reduces your chances of being accepted; there is no way to enter a non-Pentax lens into that field.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote