Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 18, 2007, 8:47 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Burst/40 photos/animation

K10D using my BIGMA

Here is the link to the animation and the 40 photos used in the animation. I can see where a faster FPS would make this idea work better.


http://www.chamavillage.com/calfropingmen.html



TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2007, 11:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
d-sr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Abilene. TX
Posts: 1,486
Default

Nice animation Roger. That's also a nice site you set up to show them.

DonR
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:11 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
robar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: D/FW area Texas
Posts: 7,590
Default

very cool dude!! is there a monster in the pews??

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:36 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
mtngal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Posts: 16,056
Default

Well done! The lack of a 5 fps really does make a difference for things like this - the one time I tried continuous shooting for sports convinced me that I did better by anticipating the action and using my own sense of timing to catch what I wanted - 3 fps isn't enough to guarantee getting that important second (I was shooting someone practicing place kicking and the frame showed him with his leg back to kick, then him recovering and the ball was no-where to be seen. I could reliably catch both the kicker and the ball right after the kick just better using single shot and watching him myself).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 1:48 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
bilybianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hassleholm, Sweden
Posts: 3,435
Default

Cool!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:34 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Monza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,095
Default

Very impressive, captured the action really well.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:23 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

d-sr wrote:
Quote:
Nice animation Roger. That's also a nice site you set up to show them.

DonR
Thanks Don for taking the time to look and for commenting.


TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 11:34 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

robar wrote:
Quote:
very cool dude!! is there a monster in the pews??

roy
Hi Roy, it was kind of fun to try something different.


TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:46 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
CyberCoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 257
Default

If anyone EVER asks me what's so great about the never ending fps of the 10 over the 100 I'll send them to this post. That was just plain entertaining. And of course as usual you spurn my BIGMA envy
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 2:06 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Well done! The lack of a 5 fps really does make a difference for things like this - the one time I tried continuous shooting for sports convinced me that I did better by anticipating the action and using my own sense of timing to catch what I wanted - 3 fps isn't enough to guarantee getting that important second (I was shooting someone practicing place kicking and the frame showed him with his leg back to kick, then him recovering and the ball was no-where to be seen. I could reliably catch both the kicker and the ball right after the kick just better using single shot and watching him myself).
I would like to se what 10fps does but oh well. Thanks for looking anc commenting.


TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:32 AM.