Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 19, 2007, 3:37 AM   #1

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2007, 6:57 AM   #2

Dawg, like you were real busy with this guy..they hardly sit still for a minute,eh..Nice shots!
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 8:43 AM   #3

when i've tried these it just been to busy to hardly see them. i see your penolta lens is working
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:20 AM   #4

Great shots... We have a couple of these guys fluttering around our feeders right now, but they spook off so easily. Haven't really put a lot of effort into shooting them.

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:20 AM   #5

Very nice captures - really like a couple of the ones in the trees. Normally thes wouldn't be my favorite, but they give you such a good feel for how small these birds are and the focus/DOF really isolates them. We had a feeder up at work for a while but none of mine were as good. They recommend not putting them up at home because they can be an attraction to the local bear population.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:37 AM   #6

kashka wrote:
Quote:
Dawg, like you were real busy with this guy..they hardly sit still for a minute,eh..Nice shots!
lisa
Actually Lisa..They sit still a lot. Most folks don't put the feeder up where there is a bare limb or other uncovered object for them to perch on. Thanks for looking.

Dawg
Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:40 AM   #7

robar wrote:
Quote:
when i've tried these it just been to busy to hardly see them. i see your penolta lens is working
Right in front of my rocker is where they land and stay a while...About 20-30 feet away though. I like the name Penolta!! May have to copywrite that Roy...LOL I like the buttery smooth Bokeh in some of these.

Dawg
Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:41 AM   #8

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
Great shots... We have a couple of these guys fluttering around our feeders right now, but they spook off so easily. Haven't really put a lot of effort into shooting them.

Nick
After they get used to the idea you aren't there to eat them they will get very bold Inn.

Dawg
Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:43 AM   #9

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Very nice captures - really like a couple of the ones in the trees. Normally thes wouldn't be my favorite, but they give you such a good feel for how small these birds are and the focus/DOF really isolates them. We had a feeder up at work for a while but none of mine were as good. They recommend not putting them up at home because they can be an attraction to the local bear population.
No bears here so I have three or four up all the time. The drought has killed off most of the blooms so they are starting to swarm the feeders all day now.

Dawg
Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:06 PM   #10

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:
Right in front of my rocker is where they land and stay a while...About 20-30 feet away though. I like the name Penolta!! May have to copywrite that Roy...LOL I like the buttery smooth Bokeh in some of these.

Dawg
unfortunately it's not original. we have a poster that uses it..

roy

robar is offline   Reply With Quote